Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why wont NG process my waiver (please help)

I was in BCT for active duty army in October of 2009 I left in August due to family issues I had at home. I was processed as refusal to train and sent home with an RE3 JGA on my DD214. I realized shortly after I got home that this had been the biggest mistake of my life and was determined to get back in. I have since gotten a divorce and fixed any issues that may arise again. First I went to an active duty recruiter in San Diego was told no problem and started the paper work for an RE3 waiver. Almost a year goes by of me hearing "no word yet" and "have to resend it because the copies weren't dark enough" till finally he said I was disapproved and to try again in 6 months. My 6 months goes by and I go to reapply for National Guard this time in Arizona. Again was told no problem and filled out all the paper work again. A month goes by and I go to MEPS to do my physical and was sent back and told I could not process before I even get started. A week after that I was told that the recruiter in San Diego processed a medical waiver (which doesn't make sense to me because I was not discharged for anything medical at all) and that the medical waiver was disapproved and they changed my RE3 to an RE3P (again don't know how that works because my DD214 I have still says RE3 but I'm not a recruiter) and my recruiter was told "do not proceed any further with this applicant." Now heres my questions why can I no longer process? Why was I processed for a medical waiver? Is an RE3 waiver for misconduct usual a medical waiver? Even if my code was changed to an RE3P (I'm also not sure of the difference) isn't that still waiverable because its still not an RE4? I realize now that I made a huge mistake so please no hate mail thank you (seen other people in similar situations get bashed for days). I will do any and all the leg work it takes to fix this problem I just don't know what to do or how to do it at this point. Do I try and find another recruiter and will one even touch my file? Thank you in advance any help will be very appreciated.

Re: Why wont NG process my waiver (please help)

No branch is required to process your waiver or accept a RE3. The reality is you should probably focus on other areas of life, because with the wars over/ending downsizing and budget cuts, there is no need to "waive" the requirements of someone who is disqualified when there are many people wanting to serve who meet the requirements.

Comment

EXACTLY. A request for waiver is just that...it's a request. Maybe if another war starts up within the next ten years, we may need you. Just stay motivated and stay in shape. Your day may come if Iran decides to go "all crazy" on the world.
      Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
      No branch is required to process your waiver or accept a RE3. The reality is you should probably focus on other areas of life, because with the wars over/ending downsizing and budget cuts, there is no need to "waive" the requirements of someone who is disqualified when there are many people wanting to serve who meet the requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by SGT_CONLEY View Post
        Your day may come if Iran decides to go "all crazy" on the world.
        You mean this Spring or this coming Fall

Comment

OP, you killed a great opportunity for service when you left basic to deal with family issues. You know how much money the government spent at the point of your discharge? You gave the military a reason to not take another chance with you even though you can swear on a stack of Bibles that you will not quit.

The cutbacks are mainly affecting the active component and the Army Reserves is looking for prior service but the ones that will be given this opportunity are the ones that are serving honorably or prior service without re-enlistment codes of your nature.

Stay at it until you are too old to join.

Comment

No waivers for conduct for all PS right now. Sorry until that restriction is lifted you dont have a chance of getting in.

Comment

Try the Air Guard. I'vereferred a few PS applicants for enlistment in the RIANG.

Comment

Working...
              X