Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earnest Re-Enlistment questions- RE: 2B / JKN

Hello,

My name is Chris, I live in Florida, and I was in the AD USAF back in early 2005 to late 2006. I was a 1A8 Cryptologic Linguist with a TSSQ. I've regreted my decisions every single day since I got out of the Air Force, and have consistantly tried to find answers about how to rectify my past. I want to join the NG, and with that desire I searched the internet for ways to achieve this. I've seen quite a few people with my same exact discharge, and re-entry code obtain waivers.

I, however, have been ignored by every recruiter I've contacted. I've talked to about 7-8 recruiters who tell me they will check into the availability of waivers. They tell me to give them a few days, and they never return my phone calls or emails. I'm getting very frustrated and I just want to serve my country again, the right way this time. I'm willing to do whatever it takes. In my eyes this was a mistake in my life that I must rectify, as it eats at me every day.

I will not exaggerate the reasoning for my discharge in any way, as to distort the exact reasoning for my discharge.

Upon graduation from DLI - I had recieved a 2/1/1 on my DLPT. In order to "graduate" from the program I needed a 2/2/1. I was given the option to proceed to Goodfellow AFB, and to retake the DLPT at a later time during my training, as to not seperate me from my class. Since I was not "graduating" I was under the impression I didn't have to attend the formal ceremony, and I proceeded to leave for my next duty station. In hindsight this seems like a stupid assumption, and rightfully so. I arrived at GF AFB on-time, however, because I left DLI 1 day early, I was deemed as being AWOL for the ceremony and was given an Article 15.

I was phased back after that point, and went from P4 to P1. During P1 I was not permitted to leave base at all. I had a sick grandmother very close to where I was stationed at GF, and I broke that rule, and went and saw her. A Sgt from my flight saw me while I was off post and reported it to the Lt.

After our group had passed our training at GF AFB, we worked with the teaching staffs for a few weeks prior to being sent on for training in Pensacola. I was offered by one of the Ssgts, to attend PT with their group. I accepted and joined them in their PT formations. I thought that with a Ssgt offering this to me that It would be ok to participate, it turned out that I was wrong, because I didn't ask my Cpt. first.

After these three transgretions I was pulled into the Cpts office. She straight out asked me if I cared about being in the military anymore. I was 18 - engaged to be married - and I was homesick. I made the worst decision of my life in a split second. I was immediately put into Transition flight, and the paperwork for my discharge had begun.

They gave me a 2B-JKN Misconduct discharge.

I'm not a bad person, I've never been hostile towards anyone. I made some stupid mistakes as a kid, and I desperately want to rectify them. I see people post on threads on different forums about how they got in with waivers for much more severe things than I did. I'm not downplaying any of these events, they are exactly as they happened.

Is there anyone out there that will work with me?

Re: Earnest Re-Enlistment questions- RE: 2B / JKN

Originally posted by Cray1986 View Post
    Hello,

My name is Chris, I live in Florida, and I was in the AD USAF back in early 2005 to late 2006. I was a 1A8 Cryptologic Linguist with a TSSQ. I've regreted my decisions every single day since I got out of the Air Force, and have consistantly tried to find answers about how to rectify my past. I want to join the NG, and with that desire I searched the internet for ways to achieve this. I've seen quite a few people with my same exact discharge, and re-entry code obtain waivers.

I, however, have been ignored by every recruiter I've contacted. I've talked to about 7-8 recruiters who tell me they will check into the availability of waivers. They tell me to give them a few days, and they never return my phone calls or emails. I'm getting very frustrated and I just want to serve my country again, the right way this time. I'm willing to do whatever it takes. In my eyes this was a mistake in my life that I must rectify, as it eats at me every day.

I will not exaggerate the reasoning for my discharge in any way, as to distort the exact reasoning for my discharge.

Upon graduation from DLI - I had recieved a 2/1/1 on my DLPT. In order to "graduate" from the program I needed a 2/2/1. I was given the option to proceed to Goodfellow AFB, and to retake the DLPT at a later time during my training, as to not seperate me from my class. Since I was not "graduating" I was under the impression I didn't have to attend the formal ceremony, and I proceeded to leave for my next duty station. In hindsight this seems like a stupid assumption, and rightfully so. I arrived at GF AFB on-time, however, because I left DLI 1 day early, I was deemed as being AWOL for the ceremony and was given an Article 15.

I was phased back after that point, and went from P4 to P1. During P1 I was not permitted to leave base at all. I had a sick grandmother very close to where I was stationed at GF, and I broke that rule, and went and saw her. A Sgt from my flight saw me while I was off post and reported it to the Lt.

After our group had passed our training at GF AFB, we worked with the teaching staffs for a few weeks prior to being sent on for training in Pensacola. I was offered by one of the Ssgts, to attend PT with their group. I accepted and joined them in their PT formations. I thought that with a Ssgt offering this to me that It would be ok to participate, it turned out that I was wrong, because I didn't ask my Cpt. first.

After these three transgretions I was pulled into the Cpts office. She straight out asked me if I cared about being in the military anymore. I was 18 - engaged to be married - and I was homesick. I made the worst decision of my life in a split second. I was immediately put into Transition flight, and the paperwork for my discharge had begun.

They gave me a 2B-JKN Misconduct discharge.

I'm not a bad person, I've never been hostile towards anyone. I made some stupid mistakes as a kid, and I desperately want to rectify them. I see people post on threads on different forums about how they got in with waivers for much more severe things than I did. I'm not downplaying any of these events, they are exactly as they happened.

Is there anyone out there that will work with me?
    Probably not. You have picked the worst possible time to try with massive downgrades in every component, including the guard.
    Last edited by ParalegalNCO1; February 1st, 2012, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Just wondering if the status of waivers may have changed in FL, re-asking the question basically..

Anyone know if I may be able to get back in with my situation, or anyone willing to help me in FL

Comment

Originally posted by Cray1986 View Post
        Just wondering if the status of waivers may have changed in FL, re-asking the question basically..

Anyone know if I may be able to get back in with my situation, or anyone willing to help me in FL
        Currently the National Guard Bureau has suspended misconduct discharge waivers for prior service.
        No conduct waiver authorized at any level (*discharged for misconduct/patterns of misconduct, or entry level discharge for misconduct).

Note: The suspensions of the mentioned waivers are in effect until further notice.
        Last edited by SF Hunter; August 31st, 2012, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Deleted....Hunter summed it up.

Comment

Working...
          X