X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is NY accepting waivers?

Is NY accepting waivers?? I was told last month that they weren't but most likely after the holidays they will begin to accept waivers. Does any one know if they are or have any idea on when they will be??

Re: is NY accepting waivers?

Each state has to now send ALL waivers to the National Guard Bureu in DC for final review & verdict.

Comment

Originally posted by SGT_CONLEY View Post
      Each state has to now send ALL waivers to the National Guard Bureu in DC for final review & verdict.
      Is it up to the recruiter on what types of waivers he is willing to work on and send to DC?

Comment

Is this a new change? A few months ago my recruiter told me NY wasn't accepting waivers. Just want to know before I start calling him up again.

Comment

No State really has a policy of accepting no waivers. That is to broad.

All waivers are not sent to DC for approval. The approval Authority is still the same, but how we now initiate these waivers are different. Which now NGB has to verify the documentation we use specifically to moral waivers. Now Recruiters have to initiate a "Suitability Review" (if you want to really research go to AR 601-210) Medical waivers are still the same process. (which were always NGB)

There are waivers for all sorts of things, from moral to medical to tattoos to dependency. If you had 6 traffic tickets in your life you require a State level waiver. If you are 30 this would not be an issue. If you had your liscence for 6 months on the other hand it might be.

Comment

Each state makes the enlistment requirements stricter based on their needs. Waivers are one of the main items that get cut as slots fill up. A local recruiter can tell you what waivers your state is accepting, if any, at the present time.

Comment

So are there any waivers for RE-4 in Ca or any state ? And does the recruiter have the option of trying work on a RE-4 waiver?

Comment

Originally posted by romeroar7 View Post
                So are there any waivers for RE-4 in Ca or any state ? And does the recruiter have the option of trying work on a RE-4 waiver?
                RE4 is not enough to say if you can get a waiver or not. It does not provide enough information about your discharge.

Any recruiter has the option of who and who he/she will work with.

Comment

Working...
                X