X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dependency Waiver?

I am married with four kids. I am also a junior in college. I was wondering do you need a dependency waiver to join the TN National Guard. If you need a waiver how long does it usually take,and what is the process? I have a friend who has been trying to get in the active Army since July, and he is waiting for a dependency waiver. The only thing that he knows is the waiver has been at Recruiting Headquarters since the beginning of October. He has already been to
    MEPS,and passed everything. I know I have been looking at MOS's I interested in 13f. Are they any 13f units in the
    Knoxville TN area?

Re: Dependency Waiver?

Yes you will need a waiver, but it will be approved in a day or two. There is a major difference in dependecy waivers for Active and NG.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew.tischner View Post
      Yes you will need a waiver, but it will be approved in a day or two. There is a major difference in dependecy waivers for Active and NG.
      Here's an added question (because this is a good and popular topic). Does the amount of children matter? I thought there was an old rule of 2 somewhere......maybe I am thinking of Active Army?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
        Here's an added question (because this is a good and popular topic). Does the amount of children matter? I thought there was an old rule of 2 somewhere......maybe I am thinking of Active Army?
        I thought when I enlisted my recruiter told me three...tops.

Comment

Dependent thresholds needing a waiver:

Single with Custody: 3 or less
          Single Without Custody: 3+
          Single - Joint Custody: 3 or less
          Single - Paying Child Support: 3+
          Married to Active Duty/Reserve: 1 or more
          Married: 3+

Prior Service:
          E-2 & married: 3+
          E-3 & married: 4+
          Last edited by SF Hunter; January 25th, 2012, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I am still waiting on the dependency waiver from the Army as of now for active duty. I have had every thing that I needed to be turned in in July of last year, and I still am still waiting. Last week the station commander told me I am going to have to wait longer. I have read and talk to a lot of people on the Army forums, and everybody, even recruiters on the site says I should have already have received the waiver by now. I have no medical problems, no law problems, just married with four kids. I am a junior in college right now. I was hoping to attempt the 18x option for active duty, I really believe I have the motivation to succed! I may just change my mind and go guard in Tennessee. I hope that I do not receive the trouble I have if I decide to go guard and I leaning towards it now. If anybody has any advice or wants to comments or ask questions feel free to. I just wist they would approve it, or tell me what going on.

Comment

Working...
            X