Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
hand tattoos on hands Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • hand tattoos on hands

    will i be DQ FOR ENLISTMENT for my hand tattoos they are 3x3 inches each and ones a lions face, the other is a owls face

  • #2
    Re: hand tattoos on hands

    Originally posted by a.blanco1 View Post
    will i be DQ FOR ENLISTMENT for my hand tattoos they are 3x3 inches each and ones a lions face, the other is a owls face
    From your title "hand tattoos on hands" I thought you had tattoos of hands on your hands...haha

    Regs in relation to tattoos keep changing. It used to be as long as they weren't offensive or gang related then it changed to not being visible in uniform. I honestly don't know what it is now. I would ask a recruiter.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: hand tattoos on hands

      The new regulation is getting tough. Every tattoo has to be listed on a document with pictures added. It then has to go all the way up the chain of command with each person signing their approval. Good luck.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: hand tattoos on hands

        Sgt, how often do you see fellow soldiers with tattoos on hands, and are they that strict with policy?

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: hand tattoos on hands

          Originally posted by a.blanco1 View Post
          Sgt, how often do you see fellow soldiers with tattoos on hands, and are they that strict with policy?
          They are getting strict with everything right now when it comes to new enlistees. There may be tons off people already in that have tattoos on their hands but that is irrelevant.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: hand tattoos on hands

            This article was the CSA ideas of when he was SMA for a brief time.

            http://www.armytimes.com/news/2011/1...ikely-102411w/

            A large majority want to see changes to the tattoo policy. Simply put, they don’t want to see so many tattoos.
            Command Sgt. Maj. Ronald Riling, of Army Materiel Command, said he shares that view. “I think the tattoo policy is a little loose,” he told Army Times. “The Army is a profession, and we need to relook [at] the tattoo policy. I don’t like tattoos on the neck where they are visible. If they’re not visible and they’re covered up, I think that’s a soldier’s prerogative.”

            I for one like to see standards change to a more professional appearance than looking like a MMA fighter. I think tattoos are becoming ludicrious. I do not know why people want to mark up their body then always regret it when they hit late middle-age.

            My tattoo is on my arm and nowhere visibile when I am in uniform.
            Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; January 21st, 2012, 09:02 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: hand tattoos on hands

              I've always agreed with the not visible while in ACU uniform policy. Which would ban hand and neck tattoos.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: hand tattoos on hands

                Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
                I've always agreed with the not visible while in ACU uniform policy. Which would ban hand and neck tattoos.
                Me too. I personally think having tattoos that are visible like on the hands our neck does take away from the professionalism of a soldier in uniform.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: hand tattoos on hands

                  The MMA fighter comparison was spot on too. /cookie to fmcityclicker

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: hand tattoos on hands

                    I see where u guys are coming from, but what I dont understand is u guys comparing ppl with tattoos to mma fighters? I recently spoke to my recruiter and he can get them waived. But a guy with tattoos and one without all can be excellent soldiers, so imj dont stereo type the guy with the tattoo, because in battle im sure he will as you will and watch your back...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: hand tattoos on hands

                      Originally posted by a.blanco1 View Post
                      I see where u guys are coming from, but what I dont understand is u guys comparing ppl with tattoos to mma fighters? I recently spoke to my recruiter and he can get them waived. But a guy with tattoos and one without all can be excellent soldiers, so imj dont stereo type the guy with the tattoo, because in battle im sure he will as you will and watch your back...
                      It is about the way it looks...it does not look professional is what we were saying

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: hand tattoos on hands

                        Originally posted by robinpugs06 View Post
                        It is about the way it looks...it does not look professional is what we were saying
                        +1. Time for President Obama to get hand tattoos.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: hand tattoos on hands

                          Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
                          +1. Time for President Obama to get hand tattoos.
                          Of hands :-) sorry op but your thread title still kills me

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X