Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a hold on waivers in Florida?

My husband has been working hard at the re-inlistment process over a month now. He used to be a recruiter (with 12 years prior service), so he is familiar with the proceedure. Everything he needs to complete on his end has been carried out but it appears week after week there is some holdup why he can't go to the MEPS yet. The recruiter hadn't had a day off in a long time... or he needed a different form... or...the form was sent in an unopenable file...or we were waiting for a specific Dr. at the MEPS to be on vacation (sounds nuts right?)...This was finally supposed to be the week he was going (yeah!!!!!!!!) but now, he's told that they are not doing waivers (he was told a few weeks back by the recruiter, waivers were coming back really fast right now, about a week turn around time). The recruiter said that in 30 days he'll resubmit his papers and see what happens. What? Really? After all this?

I'm 3 months pregnant right now with no insurance. We really need tri-care. Just took out a huge student loan seeing that we didn't make the deadline to transfer the post 911 because of the re-inlistment isssue. Summer term isn't that far off and time is running out until I may potentially be dropped from school because I won't be able to use my husbands benefits. So the way I see it if this recruiter is giving us the run-around because maybe he's been overworked or perhaps he just has a personality conflict with my husband, then we (and the new baby) are cooked!

My husband was a top recruiter in his state and has never seen anything like this. He got things done in a timely fashion and if he couldn't, well then he got answers! Fast.

Re: Is there a hold on waivers in Florida?

If I had a dollar for every time a wife or girlfriend posts on here for their men, I could quit my day job.

No worries, there's some very knowledgable people on here.

Good Luck

Comment

Go see a new recruiter. What does he need a waiver for?

Comment

Long story but it's medical. Everything's in order for it.

Comment

The National Guard is not compelled to enlist your husband on his timetable plus the military will soon experience major reductions in its numbers. Prior service have very limited options; if any. I suggest your husband look at other employment opportunities with health benefits as well.

Comment

Currently Florida is only accepting medical waivers on a case to case basis. They can take awhile, weeks to months to go through. It is hard to say anything further without know what the medical history is.

Comment

Another Wifey?!!!!

So let me make sure I am tracking....

YOU need insurance.

YOU want to go to school.

YOU want the benefits from the Guard.

But your husband wants to re-enlist.....uh huh.

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
                Another Wifey?!!!!

So let me make sure I am tracking....

YOU need insurance.

YOU want to go to school.

YOU want the benefits from the Guard.

But your husband wants to re-enlist.....uh huh.
                All subject to interpretation. Either a concerned spouse getting the facts for a computer illiterate spouse or the pants lean to one side of the household.

But honestly, I do not see nothing wrong with a spouse asking questions.

Comment

Working...
                X