X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My *new* waiver story....

Yup my buddy and I, both with RE-4's from the good old USN, both applied for waivers about a month ago and for some reason mine had to go to Washington to get approved while his has already been approved in state. What the deal with this? To provide some more details, my waiver was for fraudulent enlistment an his was for misconduct.

And by the way if anyone in AZ needs a recruiter that will actually put in work for you and not feed you any BS, shoot me a private message!

Re: My *new* waiver story....

AZ is doing Re-4's?

Comment

I just did a chat with SSG Palmer on the National Guard website and he said there is NO RE4 waivers allowed at this time. Makes me want to go talk to my recruiter and try anyway.

Maybe somehow I could join the AZNG and get transferred to the SCNG

Comment

Originally posted by best49erfan
        I just did a chat with SSG Palmer on the National Guard website and he said there is NO RE4 waivers allowed at this time. Makes me want to go talk to my recruiter and try anyway.

Maybe somehow I could join the AZNG and get transferred to the SCNG
        I agree with speaking with a recruiter. Some of the information that i've gotten from the Heroes on Call don't mesh with the information i've gotten from recruiters.

For instance, I've got a recruiter right now that can send me back down to MEPS to sign a contract for the Active First program, and I have a GED with NO college credits. However the Hero On Call I spoke with said that I MUST have 15 college credits to qualify for Active First with a GED.

I'm assuming the recruiter is right for the simple fact he wouldn't offer me a ride down to MEPS if he wasn't sure I would be able to sign while I was down there. (Why would he waste his time and effort if it wasn't true).

Comment

If you have a question, speak to a recruiter in your home state. Get the latest information from them. If a recruiter is not willing to work with you, get a second opinion, even a third from another recruiter(s). Most of the time recruiters will not work with someone if they're simply too busy with other candidates at the moment, or that person is not going to fill their enlistment quota....meaning they're DQed. In general, they are going to spend more of their time and dedication with someone who can enlist.

Comment

AZ isn't doing them but my recruiter pulled it off somehow! The first recruiter I went to wasted my time and lied to me! But my new recruiter worked his magic and at least got my buddy in. Although mine is national now, I've still got my fingers crossed in hopes it will work out! I was just curious if anyone knew why mine went national and his stayed in state.

Comment

Did you ever head down to 52nd and McDowell to meet any of the recruiters?

Comment

I haven't yet however I will be soon if my waiver fails to get approved through this recruiter. He was able to get my friends waiver approved, which wwas also an RE-4, so I'm really hoping he'll be able to do the same for me.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSoldier
                  AZ isn't doing them but my recruiter pulled it off somehow! The first recruiter I went to wasted my time and lied to me! But my new recruiter worked his magic and at least got my buddy in. Although mine is national now, I've still got my fingers crossed in hopes it will work out! I was just curious if anyone knew why mine went national and his stayed in state.
                  What are the narratives, characterization and minor details. I mean like, any time lost, etc.

Comment

Most of the guys down at the McDowell office are pretty good. I was dealing with one from Casa Grande since I live in San Tan Valley, formerly QC. But, I've been to the McDowell office a couple of times to drop off paperwork and to car pool to MEPS.

Comment

I just called and they still say no RE4s.

Comment

For my separation-
                        Narrative reason: Fraudulent enlistment into military service
                        Characterization: Uncharacterized (entry level separations)
                        Separation code: JDA

I dont know all the details for my friends separation but what I do know is that he was given an RE-4 for misconduct in basic. I still dont have any new news in regards to my waiver however my friend swore in yesterday.

Comment

No idea. Must be a state related thing because I checked the actual recruiting regulation and it says that fraudulent entry is a TAG (state) level waiver.

There's probably an update to the policy or a state level guidance for fraudulent entry waivers.

May I ask what happened that got you the fraudulent entry?

Comment

Originally posted by show_stopper999
                            No idea. Must be a state related thing because I checked the actual recruiting regulation and it says that fraudulent entry is a TAG (state) level waiver.

There's probably an update to the policy or a state level guidance for fraudulent entry waivers.

May I ask what happened that got you the fraudulent entry?
                            I sent you a PM about the separation. But thats interesting to know that its a state level waiver. I'll have to touch base with my recruiter to see what went wrong.

Comment

I think now I understand why. I'll get back to you via pm

Comment

Working...
                              X