X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about depression

Hello, I needed a bit of advice. I just recently (last 6 months) joined the guard, I haven't been to basic training yet, but I have been diagnosed with depression. While I have always been pessimistic I never thought anything of it when I had enlisted. My biggest issue is while I'm seeing a therapist it seems to be getting worse and I ship out to basic in about a month, and I am pretty low, not to the point of suicide but I am very aware that everyone has that point where they want to die. Right now I really dont know what to do.

Go talk to your recruiter or RSP cadre ASAP.

Comment

Talk to your CADRE! DO NOT SHIP!

Comment

Definitely give your cadre a call. They/we are here to help our follow soldiers.

We all have our issues to deal with but, BCT (most likely) is not the place to work through them. I was highly motivated, high speed, platoon guide, soldier leader of the cycle; all that stuff that no one really cares about after graduation and there were some moments in BCT that frustrated and brought me down really low.

Comment

If they find out about depression before basic will you be charged with fraudulent enlistment?

Comment

Originally posted by Fancypants0133 View Post
            If they find out about depression before basic will you be charged with fraudulent enlistment?

No you shouldn't be charged with fradulent enlistment. Things happen, People change. Just be forward and honest about what's going on and the Cadre will assist you.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
            X