X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prior service going to rsp?

Does it seem odd to anyone else that I would be going to RSP as prior service? Granted I will be going back to basic and it wouldn't hurt to get back into the mindset of it. Just curious if it seems like a mistake was made.

Re: Prior service going to rsp?

Not odd at all.

I've picked up SSGs from RSP before. If you are going back to basic, consider it a favor.

Don't go in thinking someone has done you wrong. Take it for the opportunity it is.

Comment

I'm actually excited to get into the white and blue phases of it. Prior service helps with the military bearing, but getting a head start on land nav, weapons refresher, clearing a building and the like will definitely help. I guess embrace the suck of red phase and enjoy the ride! I didn't mean to sound like I thought someone was doing me a disservice, just making sure I didn't slip through the cracks somewhere! Thanks!!

Comment

I thought the exact same thing wasn't even going to go until I got a last minute call from my recruiter. Not gonna lie definitely not looking forward to going back to basic again especially not in November

Comment

I will be going to MEPS in December after graduation and will enlist 09S. I will go to 1 maybe 2 RSPs before I go to BCT sometime in Feb or March hopefully. I look at it as a perk. I'll be going in E5 and then OCS E6. Being prior AF and getting out March of this year I'll look at it as a benefit to just enforce what I am studying now and what I already know. The OSM and my recruiter have been very open from the beginning since I started the process. I can't wait to get back in the military and every little thing will help and get my commission after 12 years enlisted in AF active and guard combined and the last 6 years in college part-time and finally getting my degree.

Comment

You will get paid to go to RSP!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shaskell008 View Post
              I'm actually excited to get into the white and blue phases of it. Prior service helps with the military bearing, but getting a head start on land nav, weapons refresher, clearing a building and the like will definitely help. I guess embrace the suck of red phase and enjoy the ride! I didn't mean to sound like I thought someone was doing me a disservice, just making sure I didn't slip through the cracks somewhere! Thanks!!
              Lmaof embracing the suck of RSP. That statement alone shows you need RSP time.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
                Lmaof embracing the suck of RSP. That statement alone shows you need RSP time.
                I don't care who you are, power points about sexual harassment and relearning the ins and outs of an les sucks! After attending my first one this weekend I don't think it will be a bad thing for me to experience. I went to basic over 8 years ago. Most of the sgts were confused by me being there, but I am glad I'm afforded the opportunity of learning a little more before I ship.

Comment

14 Years prior service Air Force/Air Guard with a thirteen year break in service so I was sent to Ft. Sill for WTC (Warrior Transition Course) but no RSP This was in 2007.

Comment

They wanted to send me to RSP with no break in service coming from Marine AD and Reserve. That lasted about a day until something got straightened out. I personally don't see the need for any prior enlisted to go to RSP, as long as they're still competent with military stuff. You learn it all in boot anyway...

Comment

No RSP/WTC for me and I had a 14 year break in service. I just had to report directly to my unit for drill. Don't get me wrong...you will forget a lot especially if you had a break in service more than 10 years. But you'll pick most of the stuff back up within your first few drills. And it's the guard so much folks are pretty relaxed and easy going for the most part, and if you let them know you had an extensive break in service they'll most likely cut you some slack.
                      Last edited by seldomseen; September 30th, 2013, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X