X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wearing ACU at Memorial Day parade.

I received my ACU at RSP last month. My father is wanting to know if it would be appropriate for me to wear my ACU to my towns Memorial Day parade tomorrow.

Re: Wearing ACU at Memorial Day parade.

I don't know about regulations, but I would feel a little weird wearing ACUs around when I haven't even gone to Basic Yet.

In fact, I feel weird stopping in public coming home from drill!

Comment

Originally posted by Mckee12 View Post
      I received my ACU at RSP last month. My father is wanting to know if it would be appropriate for me to wear my ACU to my towns Memorial Day parade tomorrow.
      What did your RSP NCO tell you when you asked?

In general, you will not wear your uniform on your own time. Never wear it for your own personal benefit or vanity, nor for use as a prop to benefit a private organization or individual. You may wear it at events which bring honor to the service (e.g., Memorial Day parade), as long as you wear it properly.

Nevertheless, you should follow your NCO leadership on this issue.

Comment

FEVER!!! & EXCITEMENT!!!

I am active duty watching a Memorial Day Parade. I have my US Army T-Shirt on and went to a museum that people walked up and said "Thank you". No need for ACUs if not marching in a unit in the parade.

Comment

Thank you for your help. I will tell my father that i will not wear my ACUs tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Mckee12 View Post
            Thank you for your help. I will tell my father that i will not wear my ACUs tomorrow.
            Yes, good choice...don't do it.

Comment

If you read AR 670, you will see that the ACU is an inappropriate uniform for Memorial Day observance. For parades and other memorial services, funerals and weddings, the ASU is the appropriate uniform.

Dress uniforms can be worn by those that have ETS on Memorial Day. If you are attending a Memorial Day observance then you may wear your ASU.

I will be wearing my American Legion ice-cream man cap.

Chief shouldn't wear his uniform on Memorial day because all that weight on the front of it would make him fall forward.
              Last edited by Chaplain4me; May 26th, 2013, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post
                If you read AR 670, you will see that the ACU is an inappropriate uniform for Memorial Day observance. For parades and other memorial services, funerals and weddings, the ASU is the appropriate uniform.

Dress uniforms can be worn by those that have ETS on Memorial Day. If you are attending a Memorial Day observance then you may wear your ASU.

I will be wearing my American Legion ice-cream man cap.

Chief shouldn't wear his uniform on Memorial day because all that weight on the front of it would make him fall forward.
                Too funny. I guess my parade was more of a cycling event.

Comment

Went into Ruby Tuesday last year--they had some kind of military eat free day thing going on during Labor Day. There were dozens of active and reserve component NCO's walking around in their ACU's as well as Vietnam vets decked out in their retired gear.

Comment

Originally posted by VICEROY06 View Post
                    Went into Ruby Tuesday last year--they had some kind of military eat free day thing going on during Labor Day. There were dozens of active and reserve component NCO's walking around in their ACU's as well as Vietnam vets decked out in their retired gear.
                    We have threads on this for Veterans Day every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
                      FEVER!!! & EXCITEMENT!!!

I am active duty watching a Memorial Day Parade. I have my US Army T-Shirt on and went to a museum that people walked up and said "Thank you". No need for ACUs if not marching in a unit in the parade.
                      This is the most I would ever do, as well. I'll usually wear one of my Wounded Warrior Project shirts or maybe a unit t-shirt or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
                        We have threads on this for Veterans Day every year.
                        Caught a couple of Vietnam war era-aged guys walking around wearing current issue Army PT shirts today. Does that count for anything?

Comment

When in doubt, don't wear it. Basically what I go by.

Comment

Originally posted by VICEROY06 View Post
                            Caught a couple of Vietnam war era-aged guys walking around wearing current issue Army PT shirts today. Does that count for anything?
                            Lost diet dew through the nostrils on that one...your nut case LOL.

Comment

Working...
                            X