X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first drill after ait?

so im back from basic and ait, my first drill is this weekend, what should i expect going in?

Re: first drill after ait?

Depends on how your RSP unit does things. Some units make a big to-do while others just slap you on the ass and send you on your way.

You'll be gold phase--At my RSP unit they dressed up the drill hall, pulled out the podium and P.A. system and did everything all formal. Passed out awards and promotions. Friends and family attended, blah, blah. blah. Back in the day they used to make gold phase lead DNC training and serve the rest of the detachment and ate last. By the time I was gold phase the Cadre had evolved to taking the detachment to the Golden Corral both days.

The End. Go home.

Comment

Back in the day? Lol. Back in the day, RSP did not exist and you just went to drill between BCT & AIT (if split-op) and directly after returning from AIT. Those were the days when we were treated like adults/men. I use to smoke and dip in formation and draft beer at the PX. The great Army of yesteryear.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
        Back in the day? Lol. Back in the day, RSP did not exist and you just went to drill between BCT & AIT (if split-op) and directly after returning from AIT. Those were the days when we were treated like adults/men. I use to smoke and dip in formation and draft beer at the PX. The great Army of yesteryear.
        You mean back in the day--1988. Yeah those were the good ole' days when MTV meant MTV not reality tv. My teen years. I aggressively resisted owning a cellphone until around 2003. Now I don't have a single live LAN line in my house--haven't had one in over 8 years.
        Last edited by VICEROY06; May 16th, 2013, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by VICEROY06 View Post
          ...My teen years. I aggressively resisted owning a cellphone until around 2003....
          Now did you have a pager though?

Comment

You mean back in the day--1988. Yeah those were the good ole' days when MTV meant MTV not reality tv. My teen years. I aggressively resisted owning a cellphone until around 2003. Now I don't have a single live LAN line in my house--haven't had one in over 8 years.
            I haven't bought a CD since about '01.... and I won't go into DVDs!!

Comment

Originally posted by bai78 View Post
              Now did you have a pager though?
              I've never really been into fads-Didn't wear bell bottoms or gold chains or any of that junk. Back when I was a 'player' and since most women in South Florida are crazy, possessive stalkers, I only had a house phone and a voice machine. No pagers, no cellphones.

Comment

Originally posted by TxIntel 1978 View Post
                I haven't bought a CD since about '01.... and I won't go into DVDs!!
                Wow. Took me a long, long time to get into CD's. I gave in when I got tired of my cassettes melting in the car. I was so glad when DVD's came along. Geez, I HATED paying fees for videos that weren't rewound!!!!!

Comment

I've never really been into fads-Didn't wear bell bottoms or gold chains or any of that junk. Back when I was a 'player' and since most women in South Florida are crazy, possessive stalkers, I only had a house phone and a voice machine. No pagers, no cellphones.
                  Would that be an answering machine, tape recorder or stereo?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris36 View Post
                    Would that be an answering machine, tape recorder or stereo?
                    That would be smoke signal, thank you.

Comment

That would be smoke signal, thank you.
                      ...... They had fire back then?

Comment

Originally posted by TxIntel 1978 View Post
                        ...... They had fire back then?
                        No. Back then we could only make sparks from Alabaster.

Comment

I like where this threat is going

Comment

great derailment, well played.

anyways, back from the drill and holy fu*k those infantry guys are arrogant as fu*k. caling everyone else pogs and fagg*ts, funny thing is that the guy that talked the most got like a 240 on his pt test

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Sea View Post
                              great derailment, well played.

anyways, back from the drill and holy fu*k those infantry guys are arrogant as fu*k. caling everyone else pogs and fagg*ts, funny thing is that the guy that talked the most got like a 240 on his pt test
                              Wait til' you ship off to reception. After they get issued their ACU's you'd think they had done tours in Kuwait, Iraq, and Afghanistan and all got Purple Hearts and Medals of Honor.

Comment

Working...
                              X