X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aviation Unit RSP

My first RSP will be next month. I have to report to an aviation training site (FWAATS), my recruiter said that it is very uncommon for army national guard to go to an aviation unit. Any advice on this? Also after I go through basic and AIT will my RSP unit be the same unit that I stay throughy my 6 years? Thank you for your time.

Re: Aviation Unit RSP

Very uncommon to go to an aviation unit? I guess if you look at it that way, it's very uncommon to have any particular job in the army. There are a lot of jobs that you can choose. Assuming that you chose an aviation MOS, it would be "very uncommon" for you to go to any type of unit aside from Aviation. RSP is a program for recruits who have yet to receive formal training. Upon completion of IET, RSP will be a thing of the past, and you will move on to your unit of assignment. I went to one RSP and shipped to BCT the next day. Aside from driving past the RSP armory on the interstate I've had no further encounters with them.

Comment

My MOS is 25M Multimedia Illustrator. So after basic and AIT I will not report back to FWAATS, I will have another unit? My paperwork says that I have enlisted in the following army national guard unit: FWAATS. Is that just for RSP?

Comment

If it is on your contract, then that means you WILL go back to the FWAATS as your unit. Aviation units do have Soldiers with non-Aviation MOSs to fill certain roles.

Comment

If it is on your contract, then that means you WILL go back to the FWAATS as your unit. Aviation units do have Soldiers with non-Aviation MOSs to fill certain roles.

Comment

Working...
          X