X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something I've just now admitted.. I'm bulimic

I'm a soldier in the national guard who is in rsp waiting to ship out to basic in june but I've had a problem for about 6 months now and it gets worse and worse. I feel so nasty and ashamed to be a soldier thay people look up to but also go and puke to get rid of all the food I've binged on. My question is who do I talk to for help? Every day I feel like I'm not strong enough to be a soldier and I just want help. What should I do? Will I be discharged for this?

Re: Something I've just now admitted.. I'm bulimic

Can someone please help me

Comment

Army One Source - http://www.myarmyonesource.com/default.aspx

Military One Source - http://www.militaryonesource.mil/# and go to "Counseling Options" for a number to call. That should be your first stop.

Comment

Bulimia is an issue with both psychological and physical components, and you'll need treatment for both. The fact that you have recognized your situation and decided to address it means that you've taken an important step in the right direction. Your first concern is not to make things worse, so please do not take any dramatic or irreversible actions right now -- stay cool. Now, place a call to your local hotline; talk to your doctor; confide in someone close to you; join a support group; talk to your National Guard chaplain (who will remain confidential, unless he has reason to suspect that you are a direct threat to yourself or others). Your road to recovery will be difficult, and may take some twists & turns, but you can do it.

Comment

Be positive and proactive in making yourself better. Nobody will look down upon you for that. Remember your army values. And that they are not just limited to the army.

I concur with LTC Ritchie's recommendation on talking to a chaplain especially. They are your greatest allies in uniform.

Comment

Working...
          X