X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is my son getting kicked out?

My son joined in Aug 2012 and was put in RSP. He's in college so they scheduled his BCT for May, right after classes end. He's attended every drill, called in every week, never been reprimanded. He got appendicitis in Feb and despite the doctor OKing him to go, they said he cannot go to BCT within 6 mos of surgery and he cannot be in RSP more than 270 days. So they are discharging him. They said he can re-enlist after 6 months. But all the tuition reimbursement they promised goes away. I've read they can be in TSP for 24 months. Is this proper and can anything be done?

Re: Why is my son getting kicked out?

It looks like you already have the answer. He can't complete initial training within the specified timeframe.

Comment

Re: Why is my son getting kicked out?

Sounds like a case of bad timing. Not his fault or the military's fault. Benefits have to drop because there is no real guarantee he would successfully enlist again in 6 months. I commend your son for his dedication and loyalty to the military thus far and I would encourage him to maintain that. Keep all that documentation on his surgery and discharge handy to help expedite the process if/when he re-enlists again.

Comment

Working...
      X