X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warrior Challenge mandatory?

On my Drill schedule it has my February Drill date, then it has the Warrior Challenge date to the side and it's the Friday before and and my Drill weekend. The weekend it NOT bold-faced, but the Warrior Challenge date is. This is only my second Drill and is only three weeks after my first.

My question is: Is that something you have to volunteer/be selected for? Or is it mandatory?

I know it's a competition and I think they would have to know in advance. The other actual HPIDT's are bold-faced, but this one isn't. Only an "*" beside it.

I really don't want to do it (I'd die), but I don't want to be late again (RSP didn't notify me and the other Red Phases in time).

Thanks in advance!

Re: Warrior Challenge mandatory?

Don't guess, get clarification from your Chain of Command. THE Warrior Challenge is not mandatory and is based on those that make the cut.

Oh, and remember, if you are "on time" for formation you are LATE. Try to get 15 minutes early and you'll find you'll always be where you need to be. 1SG's love to call formation 5 minutes early just to see Soldiers do the shuffle of shame through the door.

Comment

Re: Warrior Challenge mandatory?

Originally posted by RyCass View Post
      Don't guess, get clarification from your Chain of Command. THE Warrior Challenge is not mandatory and is based on those that make the cut.

Oh, and remember, if you are "on time" for formation you are LATE. Try to get 15 minutes early and you'll find you'll always be where you need to be. 1SG's love to call formation 5 minutes early just to see Soldiers do the shuffle of shame through the door.
      Thank you! Now I won't have to worry. I wasn't chosen and this is only my second drill.

And don't worry! I live by "On time is 15 minutes late in the Army!". I was there 30 minutes early, though.

Comment

Working...
      X