X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enlisting other people

So far I have been promoted to E-2 from enlisting my brother. Can I get to promoted again for getting another person in? My recruiter was talking about if you get at least 3 people to enlist you can get an award. Is this true?

Re: Enlisting other people

I thought if you brought in two people you went from E-1 to E-3

Comment

You should be promoted to E-3 if you refer another enlistee. Some States also offer a Recruiting Ribbon that you can wear on your dress uniform if you refer three or more.

Comment

Here's more information on how you can get promoted while enlisting: Enlistment Ranks and Promotions

I'm not seeing on this list where recruiting an additional person will promote you to the next rank, but states can, and often do, have their own unique programs. Just check with your recruiter.

Comment

Originally posted by RyCass View Post
          Here's more information on how you can get promoted while enlisting: Enlistment Ranks and Promotions

I'm not seeing on this list where recruiting an additional person will promote you to the next rank, but states can, and often do, have their own unique programs. Just check with your recruiter.
          Its a program called stripes for buddies. At least it is in my state

Comment

I believe that it is a little different for each state, my state required a PT test for E-1 to E-2 and 3 recruits for E-2 to E-3...
            I didn't have to worry about that since I earned 48 college credits to get my rank of E-3 or PFC...
            There are a few ways you can go about earning your rank in the National Guard: JROTC, College Credits, PT Test and Recruiting...
            Either way, good luck!

P.S. Just talk to your recruiter, he will be the one that will know exactly what you need to do to get that promotion.

Comment

Working...
            X