X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rsp Promotion after 6 months?

I'm trying to figure this out and so far have found mixed/vague answers so here goes...

I've been in RSP for 5 months now and my question is, is it possible to get promoted from E-1 to E-2 after 6 months of RSP? I keep seeing people say that TIS only starts at the beginning of basic and that, but then i saw another post on here that said:

"Down and dirty of promotions E-1 to E4.

TIG(time in Grade)= starts the day you sign your contract
    TIS (time in service) = starts the day you ship for basic training

Automatic promotion requirements are as follows:
    E1-E2- 6 Months TIS
    E2-E3- Mos TIS & 4 mos TIG
    E3-E4- 24 mos TIS & 6 MOS TIG

Promotions with waiver:
    E1-E2- 4 MOS TIS
    E2-E3 6MOS TIS & 2MOS TIG
    E3-E4- 18MOS TIS and 3 mos TIG

This being said... RSP can advance from E1-E2 without regards to the TIS requirement. Anything above that though needs to follow the above guidelines."

Can i be promoted after 6 months RSP?

Re: Rsp Promotion after 6 months?

Are you getting paid while in the RSP? I will assume that will happen if you were.

I was DEP so it did not happen in my case.

Perhaps this link can help.

http://www.nationalguard.com/careers...pes-for-skills

Comment

I do receive pay. I was considering trying to complete the stripes for skills program but it was to my understanding that it is strictly for promotion from E1 to E2. That's why i'm trying to find out if i will be promoted for 6 months in RSP anyways, as to not waste energy completing that program for a promotion i would receive regardless.

Comment

Got it. Well, there was not an RSP when I was in the Guard so someone who knows will answer the question.

I was in the Connecticut Guard and based at the time at Camp Rowland in Niantic.

Comment

Is that one in the same with Camp Niantic? I know camp Niantic had a previous name.

Comment

Yes Camp Niantic. The name usually went with the current Governor (e.g. Rell) so I guess they stopped doing that.

Comment

Or if you can find two buddy's to sign up under you, you will go to E-3

Comment

Here are the ways to gain rank while enlisting: Enlistment Rank and Promotions

Comment

I was in what is now known as RSP for over a year. My only rank increase was to E2 for stripes for buddies. Granted, this was a decade ago and long before RSP became big.

Comment

I was in RSP back in 2011, and there were some members promoted during RSP. I think most (if not all) were people who had been to Basic and were now back in RSP (Split-Op) before AIT or were back from AIT and were waiting for their unit to pick them up, but their unit was deployed, so they were left in RSP limbo.

Comment

Thanks for the help. Does anyone know of some good sources for study material for stripes for skills? And a list of what is on the exam?

Comment

Working...
                      X