X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Basic Ship Date - Injury Issue

I'm managed to hurt my foot at work and am concerned about how it might affect my basic training ship date. I have to wear a cam walker boot for the next 4 weeks and after that some physical therapy, etc. If everything plays out, I should have no problems. If my foot does not heal correctly the only other option I have is a surgical repair. If that happens I'll definitely miss my basic training ship date.

Am I SOL if I absolutely have to change my basic training ship date because of my foot?

Re: Changing Basic Ship Date - Injury Issue

Originally posted by 24601 View Post
    I'm managed to hurt my foot at work and am concerned about how it might affect my basic training ship date. I have to wear a cam walker boot for the next 4 weeks and after that some physical therapy, etc. If everything plays out, I should have no problems. If my foot does not heal correctly the only other option I have is a surgical repair. If that happens I'll definitely miss my basic training ship date.

Am I SOL if I absolutely have to change my basic training ship date because of my foot?
    Sorry to hear you are injured! Can you be a little more specific on how you think you'll be "SOL"? Are you asking if you will be able set a different date or unable to ship at all because of your injury? If your foot is not healed, you will have no choice but to reschedule your ship out date. Your recruiter will be able to work with you on that one. It's my understanding that you will have up to two years to complete your initial training from the time you enlist, so you'll likely have some flexibility there after you're healed.

It will be more problematic if your injury creates a permanent issue making it difficult to perform the physical tasks during training. Then I would be more concerned about your enlistment.

Right now, though, focus on getting better. Make sure you are getting lots of documentation on your injury and it's progress. This way, if you need to have a medical evaluation before you head out for training, you'll be prepared. Also, keep your recruiter up to speed so that there won't be any surprises.

Good luck! Hope you get better soon.

Comment

Re: Changing Basic Ship Date - Injury Issue

When is your ship date? I know you said that you are to wear the boot for four weeks, but when is your date to ship as of right now?

Comment

Working...
      X