Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: if i have a mild intellectual disability

Originally posted by jose View Post
    yes my disability i am taking taks m in high school from texas its a modified test samething but easier sentence structure look at a sample online of the test i dont take medication my behavior normal never have gotten in trouble just takes longer to learn i get tested at same level talked to a recruiter and got rejected want to be millatary police always wanted to do that but can i use a waiver
    Rejected based on what? Some more knowledgeable people on here might be able to help if they know the reason for the rejection.

Comment

i think a disability a challenge to suuced

Comment

I suggest you take some courses in college level writing and English.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
          I suggest you take some courses in college level writing and English.
          I am assuming that comes from part of his disability

Comment

what the reason rejection sir

Comment

im taking high school classes almost going to graduate i know how to write ok just that i did it real fast

Comment

[QUOTE=well i told you my disability basicly slow learner still get tested in same grade level but with modification i do understand instruction.but for learning that the part never tooked medication

Comment

When we're turning away able bodies individuals because they are a year two old or had a legal issue a decade ago, with a clean slate since.....I don't see this happening. Also, if anyone remembers the Joshua Fry case a few years ago.....yeah.
                  Last edited by SteveLord; December 30th, 2012, 01:45 AM.

Comment

what recall what there disability that can waive they accept epilipsy but not my disability

Comment

Originally posted by jose View Post
                      im taking high school classes almost going to graduate i know how to write ok just that i did it real fast
                      MPs are expected to have decent command of verbal and writing skills and each one of your posts have been poorly written; regardless if it was fast.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
                        MPs are expected to have decent command of verbal and writing skills and each one of your posts have been poorly written; regardless if it was fast.
                        Correct!!! You do A LOT of report writing as an MP and reports must be clear and concise. And I mean no disrespect Jose, but MP OSUT is fast and challenging and it would be very difficult for someone with learning issues to keep up.

SteveLord - I agree with you. It is a difficult time to enlist with any issues and a mild learning disability may be okay and not even noticeable but someone with an intellectual disability may have a much more difficult time being qualified. Jose, seeing as how the recruiter you talked to said you weren't qualified before you even took the ASVAB, I am assuming the recruiter could tell there was an issue and it is something that is beyond a mild issue that is not noticed or even known unless you tell someone.

Comment

i talked to a recruiter he said im disquilfed is that permant or temporary.he also said im disquilfed.also im real good at my writting.and my listening.just that when i read its when i need someone to read it to understand.

Comment

also i told my disability have nothing just that disability i guess he talked to meps.do i have to pass the asvab to be a general what school do i have to go to.

Comment

Part of enlisting is reading a lengthy contract, answering many questions verbally and on paper and being able to follow orders and instructions from the recruiter and MEPS personnel. And that means doing it all right away, not eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
                                Part of enlisting is reading a lengthy contract, answering many questions verbally and on paper and being able to follow orders and instructions from the recruiter and MEPS personnel. And that means doing it all right away, not eventually.
                                So true! I just enlisted a few weeks ago and it literally took a few hours to go through all of the paperwork - and I read FAST! In basic and AIT there really isn't time for someone to help you with paperwork, tests, etc. If it was a mild learning disability where you learn a little slower or take a little longer to read or test that would be one thing. But, needing someone to read things out for you - I can't see how that would work??

Comment

Working...
                                X