Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many times is RSP a month and how much is pay?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many times is RSP a month and how much is pay?

I thought it was once a month, but I read on some older posts that someone was going every other weekend. Does it vary from State to State? I'll have four months, if that helps.

I was told by my recruiter and read on here that I would be paid for RSP Drill. I was wonder how much I would get paid (I'm an E-1 as of now).

Re: How many times is RSP a month and how much is pay?

Traditionally, you can expect to attend once a month. However, it wouldn't be unheard of to have two RSP drills close together (i.e. at the end of one month and then at the beginning of the following month).

Since you'll be attending RSP for a few months, be sure to check out the National Guard website for some basics on RSP.

Comment

You can google 'army base pay' and find a chart. Sometimes the chart can be confusing. You would be E1 of course and with less than 3 years of Time in Service. Its been too many years since i've looked but I believe most links you will find will have the drill pay on it or listed under it. Most drills are a MUTA 4 you would be attending. Two day drill. After taxes and if you get life insurance...as a <3 yrs E1 it will be about $150 take home but thats a rough estimate. You might elect to have medical insurance taken out too. Also, after you sign the dotted line you are elegible for life insurance, so if you dont drill right away, you might get multiple payments taken out of your first check.

Comment

Thanks, guys!

My recruiter said he was going to bump me up to E-3, so I'll text him today and see how that is coming along.

Comment

And with that pay, try as much to save something for your future. You do not know how many young people are still mismanaging their finances. If you are under 25 and can start saving/investing $200.00 a month in a TSP, you will be a millionaire by time you hit 65.

Think about it.

I always save.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
            And with that pay, try as much to save something for your future. You do not know how many young people are still mismanaging their finances. If you are under 25 and can start saving/investing $200.00 a month in a TSP, you will be a millionaire by time you hit 65.

Think about it.

I always save.
            Thanks for the advise. I'm pretty good with money. I'm only going to get a new phone and save the rest along with my pay from OSUT and I'm going to volunteer for 68 Whiskey training (since it's the MOS I wanted and instead of going though the trouble of getting strings pulled and getting reclassed, a Medic trained Cav Scout sounds better ) once I get to my Unit and use all that to get my dream car and a house (Trailer).

Comment

Working...
            X