X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAC cards.

Im in white phase in rsp and my ako password ran out 2 days ago and i need a CAC card to change it. Where and when can I get one of these cards? If i cant get one of these cards how should I go about changing the password for ako.

Re: CAC cards.

An ID issuing facility....most bases and posts, some reserve stations. Take your packet with you.

http://www.dmdc.osd.mil/rsl/appj/site?execution=e2s1

You should drop and knock out 376...it's the Guard's birthday.

While you are there you need to go to the PX and buy a cac reader for your computer and then follow the instructions on AKO to install the proper software, they're like 20 bucks and well worth it.
    Last edited by Chaplain4me; December 13th, 2012, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post
      An ID issuing facility....most bases and posts, some reserve stations. Take your packet with you.

http://www.dmdc.osd.mil/rsl/appj/site?execution=e2s1

You should drop and knock out 376...it's the Guard's birthday.

While you are there you need to go to the PX and buy a cac reader for your computer and then follow the instructions on AKO to install the proper software, they're like 20 bucks and well worth it.
      Lead by example Chaplain. As a Marine and Soldier who celebrated their birthdays many times; I never had to knock out push-ups for that reason except to enjoy some really good cake.

Comment

Correct I am waiting to knock out my 376......I did chest this morning. Plus I said, "Should" because I can't tell anyone to do anything. It's just Chaplain4me's suggestion to celebrate this important day in history!
        Last edited by Chaplain4me; December 13th, 2012, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Not sure how your RSP runs, but in mine we have a newsletter mailed out every month to everyone in it. It has all the information you need: drill schedule, AR670-1, recruiters' contact information, and how to get a CAC card (also called military ID).

I would also advise you to get a CAC card reader. I have yet to do so, but am planning to in the near future; my password expires soon too.

Comment

...and just a nit-pick, please just call it a CAC. CAC card is redundant, because CAC stands for "common access card".

But it's pretty easy to get one.

Comment

You can also call the help desk for a 30-day PW reset.... though you can only do this a couple times before they wont do it anymore.

Comment

1.866.335.2769 is the phone number to call to get it reset without a CAC. You will have to know the date you started service and...ETS maybe? I havent called in awhile and dont remember but you do need to know a few dates for them to verify you. It does annoy me when people say CAC card, but so does saying the ATM machine, or SSN number. Its all good, I annoy others in different ways!

Comment

Your RSP should provide you a CAC card, mine did my very first drill.

Comment

Not all RSP facilities have a RAPIDS machine (ID maker). They are spread throughout the state and shouldnt be more than an hour drive for you to get to one. Your admin types (and probably others) will be able to let you know where they make the cards. Made sure you have your contract and two forms of ID with you when you go to get one. Your chain of command can then help you change password once you obtain a card. You can also call AKO help desk and they can reset your password for a shorter amount of time without the card. 866.335.2769 When you call them you need your SSN, date of enlistment and date of ETS. Acceptable forms of ID for getting a CAC include: DL, SS card, school ID, passport, birth certificate. If you have a spouse or children you need all their info too.
                    Last edited by WIBecky74; February 3rd, 2013, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X