X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One drill before basic

I have one drill before shipping out to BCT. I'm a little worried that most others will be more prepared than me. Is there anything I should make sure I get out of it before shipping out?

Re: One drill before basic

Originally posted by tua05737 View Post
    I have one drill before shipping out to BCT. I'm a little worried that most others will be more prepared than me. Is there anything I should make sure I get out of it before shipping out?
    They likely won't be. Most of them will be active duty trainees who haven't even been issued a set of uniforms and have not attended any RSP drills. I shipped two weeks after I signed so I had absolutely no idea what was waiting for me, and I had no problem as a pudgy, geeky 18-year-old. For now, just relax and keep doing PT. You'll be fine.

Comment

It's really about keeping a good positive attitude....you'll do great. Memorize the soldiers creed and the general orders, also the rank structure. Having the right mindset is most important, a good attitude will take you far.

You are going to have so much fun.

Comment

Great. Thank you for the response. I am actually excited about it.

Comment

I only get to go to 3 lol. but make sure to memorize the Soldiers Creed, the Army values and ranks. and its always yes DS or no DS. DO NOT call them sir or mamm. and never say sorry.! good luck to you.

Comment

You've got to call them Sir at least once!!!! Probably when you first see them would be the best time!!!!

Comment

Why would you call them sir? I've never been told to call them that. lol DO NOT call them sir. oh and learn your Worriors Ethos also.
              Last edited by ArmyNG_Girl225; November 21st, 2012, 07:44 AM.

Comment

He's just messing with you.

Comment

OP, if you'd like to see what is covered in all phases of RSP, check out the RSP section on the National Guard website!

Comment

You'll be so surprised at what you can do mentally and physically with one three day drill. There are still things in me that I learned in my first drill. One drill will set you miles ahead when you ship. Have fun!

Comment

Working...
                    X