X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to bring

My first rsp is tomorrow and l don't know what to bring, my recruiter hasn't said anything and kind of in the dark.
    Please and thanks

Re: what to bring

Take this with a grain of salt, because all RSP Detachments are different, but here is what I had to do:
    Saturday:
    Comfortable clothes. We didnt do any PT but we sat in a classroom all day. We then went outside and practiced Drill and Ceremony. The rest of the day was spent in the classroom. Dont worry about bringing anything to write with or on because you will get a Battle Book that has paper and a pen in it. Bring your thinking cap and soak up as much as possible.

Sunday:
    Wear PT clothes. If you havent been issued any, wear shorts, jogging pants, or whatever the weather warrants. Also comfortable shoes. This is the day us red phasers did the PT test. We were supposed to do the 1-1-1 assessment, but we ended up doing the 2-2-2 because some of the other Cadre thought it would be funny. Our SFC wasnt happy. At any rate, also bring something for hygiene. Soap, towel, deodorant, and a change of clothes. You probably wont have ACU's yet, so again, something comfortable.

Again, take this with a grain of salt, but this should be a good jumping off point. Good luck. Hooah!

Comment

By now you're already finished with half of your first day, but I wanted to throw in my two cents since my experience was different than SpcSlim.

Every recruit, regardless of phase, did the full 2-2-2 APFT at our RSP drills first thing every Saturday morning. We were only graded on the 1-1-1, but had to do the full test anyway. If you are a male, be sure to shave the morning of, each day. Wear comfortable PT clothes on BOTH days, because you never know what the Cadre will throw at you. Bring a change of clothes and toiletries to shower. Be sure and wear a belt with your pants and tuck your shirt in. Once they issue you a battle book, bring it to every drill. Other than that, just have a good time and absorb as much of the training as possible.

Good Luck!

Comment

Be sure to take a look at what the National Guard website says about the different RSP phases. This will give you a heads up on what you can expect to learn. Good luck with your training!

Comment

#1 mistake I see every month.......GO BUY RUNNING SHOES! Go ahead and wear cowboy,flip flop, Crock, basketball, Skateboard shoes and you will be a NO GO at this station during P.T.

Comment

Contacting your local R.S.P. unit would not be a bad idea seeing as most units drill differently. Your recruiter will connect you with them upon your request.

Comment

Working...
            X