X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting ready for the my first RSP

Is there anything I can do to get a edge before I go to my first RSP, I already memorize the military alphebets and ranks

Re: Getting ready for the my first RSP

Find some Drill and Ceremony videos online showing off basic movements and get a start on that.

Comment

Soldier's Creed and the 3 General Orders are also good to know. Being red phase you will most likely not be "punished" for not knowing all these things, but after that just know that every NCO knows a soldier learns best in the front leaning rest position!

Comment

If you are a male, shave the morning of drill and have your hair cut within military regulations. Wear a belt with your pants and tuck your shirt in. Wear a good pair of running shoes for the APFT. If you have questions, ask other recruits that have been there a while. Go with a good attitude and absorb as much of the training as you can. Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by amon2012 View Post
          Is there anything I can do to get a edge before I go to my first RSP, I already memorize the military alphebets and ranks
          There's actually a whole break down of the RSP phases on the National Guard website. This will help you stay on top of what you can expect.

Good luck with your training!

Comment

The seven Army Values is what I was required to know first drill. Also, ask around to obtain the company motto or sound off for your particular location. We got smoked on the 2nd day because a lot of us red phase guys didn't sound off when called to attention when in company formation. We didn't really know any better, so it wasn't all too fair, but we sure learned it pretty quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by sv9cannon View Post
              If you are a male, shave the morning of drill and have your hair cut within military regulations. Wear a belt with your pants and tuck your shirt in. Wear a good pair of running shoes for the APFT. If you have questions, ask other recruits that have been there a while. Go with a good attitude and absorb as much of the training as you can. Have fun!

I recommend gym shorts and a tshirt and make sure its tucked. Some guys wore pants and a belt and needless to say they were uncomfortable running around all day with casual wear on. Other than that yes, good running shoes. First day red phase spends time in the class room learning the military phonetic alphabet, soldier's creed, army values, sexual harassment policy, etc. Your time outside will be learning formation and commands. Be prepared your second day...rise and shine at about 5:30 or 6AM and be in formation. You'll have PT so if you don't run, NOW IS THE TIME TO START.
              Last edited by ATLRecruit; October 13th, 2012, 04:18 AM.

Comment

You should know that the Drill Sergeants are not Sirs or Ma'ams. Start drinking water at least a week before your first drill. Also, remember that you are in an individual....you are a member of a team.

Comment

Be ready to do push ups because others will not be as prepared as you

Comment

Working...
                  X