X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drill Pay

Hi I just enlisted in the national guard and am coming in as an E-3. I looked on the website and it says that drill pay is $234-264. Is there any way to know which end of the spectrum or why there is a pay range instead of a flat rate?

Also I go to basic on June 4, 2013. Is it possible to drill more than once a month and get paid or am I limited to one per month?

Thanks for the help!

Re: Drill Pay

Originally posted by CollegeGuard View Post
    Hi I just enlisted in the national guard and am coming in as an E-3. I looked on the website and it says that drill pay is $234-264. Is there any way to know which end of the spectrum or why there is a pay range instead of a flat rate?

Also I go to basic on June 4, 2013. Is it possible to drill more than once a month and get paid or am I limited to one per month?

Thanks for the help!
    It's different based on years of service. Yours will be 234. And without an MOS there isn't a whole lot you can do, so it is extremely unlikely you will be able to do extra paid time.

Comment

I have an MOS it's 25Q

Comment

I have an MOS it's 25Q
        You haven't even been through basic yet. You don't have an MOS until you graduate AIT. Until that time, you are not qualified in a MOS, therefore you do not have one.

Comment

Oh..sorry. I thought you meant that I wasn't assigned one. Thanks

Comment

I have an MOS it's 25Q
            Unless you've completed AIT that's just the MOS you will be till then you don't have an MOS.

Comment

Originally posted by amn2588 View Post
              Unless you've completed AIT that's just the MOS you will be till then you don't have an MOS.
              Thats funny, I could have sworn I just said that.

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
                Thats funny, I could have sworn I just said that.
                You did I was just typing slow

Comment

Thanks for the help!
                  My suggestion if money is an issue to you and if your civilian job (if any) is not providing enough income; then you should look at active duty. Serving in the military is one of the few jobs where you can really make a decent wage above minimum wage. Obviously, it is because you are learning a skill than working in an unskilled job (e.g. cashier).

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
                    My suggestion if money is an issue to you and if your civilian job (if any) is not providing enough income; then you should look at active duty. Serving in the military is one of the few jobs where you can really make a decent wage above minimum wage. Obviously, it is because you are learning a skill than working in an unskilled job (e.g. cashier).
                    This was my plan or what my goal would be. I'm currently attending college. This is my fourth year, but I changed majors once, so it would normally have taken me another year or two to graduate anyways. So I go to drill until I go to basic in June. Then I do AIT right away. After that I go back to college my spring semester of 2014. Once I graduate and get my bachelors degree, I will apply to become an officer. I got really good scores on my ASVAB so I thought I would have a good chance at that, but maybe you can give me your opinion on that.

Comment

Well, if you are in college, I will complete it until you finish. That bachelors degree is important than anything else.

Comment

This was my plan or what my goal would be. I'm currently attending college. This is my fourth year, but I changed majors once, so it would normally have taken me another year or two to graduate anyways. So I go to drill until I go to basic in June. Then I do AIT right away. After that I go back to college my spring semester of 2014. Once I graduate and get my bachelors degree, I will apply to become an officer. I got really good scores on my ASVAB so I thought I would have a good chance at that, but maybe you can give me your opinion on that.
                        If these are your goals you might really benefit from the SMP program.....talk to your recruiter about it.

Comment

I wish I would have done it. I never finished my degree while on Active Duty, now I am coming up on 30, only 45 credits, and probably won't make the age cutoff for officer. Finish that degree! I am trying to bust my arse to finish the next 45 credits to be acceptable for OCS

Comment

Originally posted by J2H View Post
                            I wish I would have done it. I never finished my degree while on Active Duty, now I am coming up on 30, only 45 credits, and probably won't make the age cutoff for officer. Finish that degree! I am trying to bust my arse to finish the next 45 credits to be acceptable for OCS
                            I already have 72 credits and i'm going to be at about 100 before I go to basic, so once i'm done with my AIT I should be done with my degree a year after that. Also what is SMP?

Comment

I already have 72 credits and i'm going to be at about 100 before I go to basic, so once i'm done with my AIT I should be done with my degree a year after that. Also what is SMP?
                              Simultaneous Membership Program....long story short, it would give you the ability to be in the Guard, "simulateneously" particiapte in ROTC, while getting more money for school, and being able to commision as an officer when you're done.
                              Last edited by ParalegalNCO1; October 9th, 2012, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X