X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Drill Pay

That sounds like a wonderful idea! Thank you so much for the information. I'll ask my recruiter about it ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by J2H View Post
      I wish I would have done it. I never finished my degree while on Active Duty, now I am coming up on 30, only 45 credits, and probably won't make the age cutoff for officer.
      Don't forget about the Warrant Program.

Comment

I don't believe I could qualify for that... I had mentioned it to my recruiter and he said I could do it "down the road"

Comment

Originally posted by J2H View Post
          I don't believe I could qualify for that... I had mentioned it to my recruiter and he said I could do it "down the road"
          Based off your signature, if your only experience is in USAF Security Forces, you would not have the technical expertise require for most warrant positions...unless you wanted to be a pilot.

Comment

That's what I was planning on if I did WO was Aviator... the AF is kind of stingy on job switching... they basically laughed at me when I asked (and had B2G denied 3x, as well as Training Instructor)

Comment

So I asked my recruiter and he said that I would get the most benefit out of doing SMP by doing basic and AIT first and then doing it when I get back to college. Can anyone back that up or give comments on that?

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeGuard View Post
                So I asked my recruiter and he said that I would get the most benefit out of doing SMP by doing basic and AIT first and then doing it when I get back to college. Can anyone back that up or give comments on that?
                Private Message HRNCO to come in here and answer that....I think he will have the best info on that question.

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeGuard View Post
                  Right, the reason he is saying that is because if you complete AIT before you contract SMP you can get the GI Bill in addition to tuition assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by HR NCO View Post
                    Right, the reason he is saying that is because if you complete AIT before you contract SMP you can get the GI Bill in addition to tuition assistance.
                    So if that's the case I have a follow up question. Is there a minimum number of drills you must complete before going to basic? Along this same line of thought, are you able to go to basic or apply to go earlier than what is stated in your contract?

Comment

You could in theory enlist on Friday and ship the next Monday, but it rarely is that quick. There are no drill minimums before you ship. Also, you are able to ship earlier if there is something available, this is actually the one move that is easiest to do. You can't push it out farther, but moving it "to the left" or shipping sooner is actually something that could happen as long as there is something open. Now, if you tell them you want to ship as soon as possible while at MEPS and your ship date is still a couple months out, that means there was nothing available sooner.

Comment

When I originally signed my contract a week ago, we said that I wanted to ship out in June because I still had spring semester of college. But then I was thinking, if I still go to basic in June, and then do AIT right after that, I'm going to miss my fall semester anyways, so there really is no advantage to waiting. If anything it would be better to go to basic and AIT sooner rather than later because then I get the GI bill sooner correct? Also is it possible to shift my basic and AIT from June 4th and after, to some time in January?

Comment

That is a very good possibility, could possibly ship out in November if you wanted.

Comment

My recruiter is going to try and get me setup to ship to basic in January. Thank you so much for the help!
                            Mod can close this.

Comment

Working...
                            X