X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple Questions

So, I have been talking to a recruiter and I will be taking my ASVAB soon. I would ask my recruiter about this but I forgot to. So here it goes:
    1) Do you get ACU's at RSP
    2) Is it the whole weekend or only 1 day, like only a Sat or Sun.
    3) What can I expect the first day to be like.

Re: Couple Questions

Originally posted by Courtney Mould View Post
    So, I have been talking to a recruiter and I will be taking my ASVAB soon. I would ask my recruiter about this but I forgot to. So here it goes:
    1 - Depending on the RSP, you can. Some get prior basic, some after basic, some you get "neat" sweat suits.

2 - Saturday and Sunday. Some leave around 15:00 some leave around 17:00 and some stay overnight.

3 - A lot of briefings, a lot of signing, a lot of waiting, a lot of running, a lot of push-ups, a lot of formations, a lot of inspections, a lot of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Courtney Mould View Post
      Great questions! To add to what Mr. Loki said, here's a break down of all that you can expect at RSP for each phase. I think you'll find this helpful as you go along! RSP

Comment

For my state if you were going to be at RSP for more than 2 drills then you would get a full uniform set to wear to drill. But if you were only going to spend 1 or 2 drills in RSP then they would give you a PT or sweats outfit to wear.

The link that RyCass gave you will give a lot of valuable information and help you to learn what to expect in your first few drills. Everyone will be different, but it gives a good overview. I'm not sure if it is mentioned on the website or not, but be clean shaven and have a nice haircut (the shorter the better). You don't want to stand out because you have a scruffy face or a lot of long hair.

Comment

At my local RSP we usually have a few guests that come to see what it is like and to see if the Guard will be a good fit. You might want to look at doing that to see what the normal drill weekend is like. Do follow 2LT Portree's advice on appearance.

As far as a uniform, sounds like it varies. As for me, no one in our entire RSP was issued a uniform unless they were split op and they had their ACU from BCT. I was one of only two guys that did have and wear a uniform though after drilling with another unit that required them. My recruiter helped me acquire a set in that case. I did also get a nifty PT set with a couple of shirts, shorts, and warmup pants.

Comment

Working...
          X