X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxing out on RSP drills?

Quick question. One of the recruits at drill this past weekend found out that he will no longer be getting paid for RSP drills because he maxed out on how many drills he can attend. He injured his wrist and they had to change his ship date. I'm in a similar situation, but don't know how many drills is considered maxing out. I don't have a new ship date yet and am concerned I'll stop getting paid if my new date is far enough out.

Re: Maxing out on RSP drills?

There's a such thing as maxing out?

Comment

Its a simple fix, its just a matter of your codes being changed in the system. There are a certain number of drills that a Soldier awaiting training is supposed to attend, but under certain circumstances that is extended. No one will attend drill with out getting paid, I can assure you. Try not to worry too much about what you hear from PNN (Private News Network).

Comment

Originally posted by HR NCO View Post
        Its a simple fix, its just a matter of your codes being changed in the system. There are a certain number of drills that a Soldier awaiting training is supposed to attend, but under certain circumstances that is extended. No one will attend drill with out getting paid, I can assure you. Try not to worry too much about what you hear from PNN (Private News Network).
        Small addition, if you have questions like this, you really should look to your Readiness NCO and other Cadre to help demystify pay issues.

Comment

Originally posted by HR NCO View Post
          No one will attend drill with out getting paid, I can assure you. Try not to worry too much about what you hear from PNN (Private News Network).
          This recruit was told by the Readiness NCO that he would still have to come to drill on Saturdays to take the APFT but would not be required to attend on Sunday. It just sounds a little fishy to me that the Readiness NCO wouldn't have extended the drill time for him. But I got this info from the recruit, who may have been misinformed.

Originally posted by RyCass View Post
          Small addition, if you have questions like this, you really should look to your Readiness NCO and other Cadre to help demystify pay issues.
          Noted. Sometimes its hard to get a straight answer from my CoC about this kind of stuff, but you guys always seem to have the answers. I don't have a new ship date yet, so I just wanted to make sure I knew my course of action if this situation came up. My drill pay doesn't even cover my Tricare expenses, so having to go to drills for free would really stink.

Comment

If the unit has the soldier come in to complete training in an unpaid status they are taking a big risk. If he gets hurt during the APFT and not in a paid status, then he is not covered for the injuries.

Comment

After you have used all of your MUTAS you can still drill for retirement points but you will not get paid.

Comment

Working...
              X