Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSP 1st drill Sep. 22-23 in Batesville- anybody else? Advice?

Just wanted to see if anybody else here might be heading to RSP in Batesville, MS Sep. 22-23.? It will be my first RSP. I will drill 9 times before shipping out in May.

Any advice would also be greatly appreciated. I will post after each drill in this forum and recap for others curious about RSP (especially in MS).

Thanks

Re: RSP 1st drill Sep. 22-23 in Batesville- anybody else? Advice?

Originally posted by Irish11B View Post
    Just wanted to see if anybody else here might be heading to RSP in Batesville, MS Sep. 22-23.? It will be my first RSP. I will drill 9 times before shipping out in May.

Any advice would also be greatly appreciated. I will post after each drill in this forum and recap for others curious about RSP (especially in MS).

Thanks
    Good luck! I"m not sure if you've done a search for RSP on here, but it's been covered numerous times. There might be able to find some good tips on there.

There's also a section on the National Guard website that breaks down RSP into the different phases. Check it out! RSP

Comment

I just got home from my first RSP, overall I would say it was fairly easy, honestly I was expecting a lot more but as far as a first RSP goes I think it was effective.

Carry paper and pencil and pen with you everywhere you can (for notes and whatnot), if they give you something keep it with you unless instructed to do otherwise (we got smoked for not having a packet, and lots of flutter kicks are not fun after 200 in cadence). Also, try to make sure you guys keep your sleeping area clean and somewhat organized. Other people had a problem with that in another barrack and they did PT all day because of it.

Also, kinda common sense, don't walk on the grass unless a Cadre/DS takes you onto the grass.

Also, don't fall asleep in class.

Try to remember:

Rank identification
      Soldiers creed
      General Orders
      How to write the date correctly
      Military time
      Phonetic Alphabet

The drilling and ceremony isn't very difficult, just one of those things you have to kinda do and get used to. 30 inch steps and when you begin marching it's with your left foot. They will show you how to execute the commands correctly, don't worry about messing up. From what my girlfriend has told me they are a lot more forgiving than the ones at BCT. Don't be afraid to ask for help or ask if you are doing it right, they will help you and are pretty nice about it.

If I had to give you any advice it would be to enjoy yourself, keep a positive attitude and push yourself on the PT tests (the 1-1-1 is pretty easy)

That's all I have for you and good luck!

Comment

Have fun, and there is no reason to be nervous.

Comment

Working...
        X