Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

RSP Drill after AIT - Report directly to unit instead?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSP Drill after AIT - Report directly to unit instead?

Question answered, redacted for OPSEC
    Last edited by 404506D; September 5th, 2012, 03:30 PM.

Re: RSP Drill after AIT - Report directly to unit instead?

I was able to do this. I still had to go in and clear with the RSP HR person on my own time, but did not have to attend another RSP drill.

Comment

Why would you want to miss the opportunity to smoke all of the newer recruits? That's what they do at our RSP drills. All of the returning AIT grads get to smoke us new guys.

Comment

Originally posted by j.stetzer View Post
        I was able to do this. I still had to go in and clear with the RSP HR person on my own time, but did not have to attend another RSP drill.
        I second what the LT said. I had a quick report with the RSP SFC then started drilling with my unit. It doesn't hurt to ask. Find out who your Readiness NCO is at your unit and give him/her a call.

Comment

I had a buddy who did this, just called his recruiter when he got back and told him he didn't want to go to Satudays drill. Got to skip it and just went to the battle hand-off the following week.

In my RSP the Gold Phasers don't smoke anyone. Actually I have no idea what they do. They are in first formation in the AM, don't do PT with us, and then we don't see them again until final formation at the end of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Solrider View Post
            In my RSP the Gold Phasers don't smoke anyone. Actually I have no idea what they do. They are in first formation in the AM, don't do PT with us, and then we don't see them again until final formation at the end of the day.
            Just goes to show how different each unit is. Our Gold Phasers are with us the whole time. They lead PT in the mornings and talk to us about their BCT and AIT experiences in the afternoon.

Comment

That is one thing I would like our unit to do. I've often said we have a great resource in the Gold and Green phasers who are just returning, yet unless you can grab one during the small amount of downtime, you don't even get to talk with them! Luckily for me this last drill we had a grip of split op people come back from BCT that were in Green phase with me so I got to talk to them a bit more. But ya, Gold Phase? Like ghosts!

Comment

Thank you for your replies, they were quite helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by sv9cannon View Post
                  Our Gold Phasers are with us the whole time. They lead PT in the mornings and talk to us about their BCT and AIT experiences in the afternoon.
                  This is good...but PVTs smoking PVTS? That's not authorized and shouldn't be happening.

Comment

Working...
                  X