X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First RSP this weekend

Simple question here. My mile time is 7:05 or so. Can do around 25 pushups and situps in one min. Should I be better than most?

Re: First RSP this weekend

At my RSP drill, those times would be in the middle of the pack at best. Your run time is decent, but keep working on the P/Us and S/Us. You'll certainly qualify to ship to BCT with those numbers, though.

Comment

you will be fine. all they care about in rsp is whether or not you can pass. they just want to be sure you are giving it all you can. so, if 110% for you is that 7:05 that will look better to the cadre than some cross country runner running a 7:05 when he can obviously do a 5 min mile, and is just looking to pass

Comment

Originally posted by ZAK606 View Post
        Simple question here. My mile time is 7:05 or so. Can do around 25 pushups and situps in one min. Should I be better than most?
        What about doing the whole PT test? Have you tried one yet? That will give you a good idea of how you'll measure up at BCT.

If you're looking for some fitness tips, there's tons here on the forum or even on the National Guard website: http://bit.ly/L1Jfga

Comment

My run time is about an 8 min mile, as I am not much of a runner, but with some conditioning I am not worried. I looked up the standards, for my age group in order to max the PT and get 100% I have to run the 2 mile in 13:10, to max pushups/situps I have to get 75/76 in a minute. I know I can knock out those pushups, sit-ups I am at 64 haha. What form are they looking for with sit-ups/pushups.

For pushups I have seen some people do them with hands shoulder width apart, with a wider grip, and some with their hands even with their chest, arms tucked in next to the body. As for sit-ups, I have seen arms folded across chest, have to have shoulder blades touch the ground and the elbows break the plane of the knees.

My goal with this is to have my unit send me to airborne training after AIT.

Any input, advice, criticism etc would be appreciated.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by dcsti22 View Post
            My run time is about an 8 min mile, as I am not much of a runner, but with some conditioning I am not worried. I looked up the standards, for my age group in order to max the PT and get 100% I have to run the 2 mile in 13:10, to max pushups/situps I have to get 75/76 in a minute. I know I can knock out those pushups, sit-ups I am at 64 haha. What form are they looking for with sit-ups/pushups.

For pushups I have seen some people do them with hands shoulder width apart, with a wider grip, and some with their hands even with their chest, arms tucked in next to the body. As for sit-ups, I have seen arms folded across chest, have to have shoulder blades touch the ground and the elbows break the plane of the knees.

Thank you
            for the pushups it really doesnt matter (to the book) if you go wide arm or narrow arm, as long as you break the plane. however, different graders want to see different things, some say no wide arm, making it VERY difficult for taller people, and some dont care. for situps, you have to interlock your fingers behind your head, and as long as your shoulder blades hit the ground on the way down you are good, however I would recommend throwing yourself down and using the reverse momentum off the ground to come back up. this also will keep you from wasting energy catching yourself. For the run, change up your running schedule from doing distance and then 60/120s or something of the sort, they will really help you drop your time

Comment

Do yourself a favor and keep training like you are. It will only help you out in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by dcsti22 View Post

Thank you
                There's some videos on the National Guard website that will show you the proper form: Fitness

Comment

Thank you everyone

Comment

Working...
                  X