• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1st RSP Drill. Alcohol?

This is what we are allowed to drink downrange

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low-alcohol_beer#Near_beer

Comment

Figured I get the bash that i did..... but to those that actually understood my question, thank you.

Just wanted to cover grounds to make sure Im informed on how things work when reporting. I typically have a beer with my dinner, so i figured Id ask so that If needed to I would avoid it completely.

Just asked if its as strict as MEPS like, no caffine, asprin, alcohol etc etc.

Really not a big deal.

No intentions of party, bar hopping, showing up drunk or anything of the sort. Im taking my enlistment very serious (as you can see my multiple postings asking numerous questions).

But thanks for the responses, I'll just refrain from the drink and in the future as well.

Comment

Its a good question and probably best to refrain the night before.

Also for those that REALLY like their energy drinks and haven't shipped to Basic yet, you may want to start weaning yourself off of those prior to shipping. It will probably be a few months before your allowed to have those and best to draw down slowly, rather than trying to go cold turkey at Basic. Just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Portree228 View Post

Also for those that REALLY like their energy drinks and haven't shipped to Basic yet, you may want to start weaning yourself off of those prior to shipping. It will probably be a few months before your allowed to have those and best to draw down slowly, rather than trying to go cold turkey at Basic. Just my two cents.
          Good point. I don't know if it has changed but when I went to basic we weren't allowed caffeine - no soda, coffee, etc and couldn't add sugar to anything - like oatmeal!

Comment

Originally posted by Portree228 View Post

I remember my white phase 3 hour pass.

At the PX, with four Rockstar fruit punches in my basket.
            A female DS walks towards me. "Private Meyer, are you sure you want to be drinking four of those at once?"
            I looked at her, and she had "that" look my Mother gives me. I replied "You're right, I think three will be enough."
            "PRIVATE..."
            "Okay fine, I will just buy one."

I am shipping to AIT tomorrow, so I have been "attempting" to cut back. Only about two a day right now.

Comment

[
              Originally posted by dva5222 View Post

A female DS walks towards me. "Private Meyer, are you sure you want to be drinking four of those at once?"
              I looked at her, and she had "that" look my Mother gives me. I replied "You're right Drill Sergeant, I think three will be enough."
              "PRIVATE..."
              "ROGER DRILL SERGEANT! One Drill Sergeant... two Drill Sergeant... three Drill Sergeant... four Drill Sergeant..."
              I am shipping to AIT tomorrow, so I have been "attempting" to cut back. Only about two a day right now.
              Fixed

Comment

We had a guy in my platoon at Basic drink 2 or 3 Rockstar energy drinks within about 10 minutes after checking out of the PX in Blue Phase and he was wired for the whole afternoon and evening. He was running around the barracks and we were trying to keep him quiet so he wouldn't get busted. After a couple of hours he started freaking out because the affects weren't wearing off. It made for a long evening and night for us and the crash the next day was bad.

When allowed caffeine again, start slow. A cup of coffee or a soda. It will have more of a kick, after 7 or 8 weeks of nothing, than most people realize.

Comment

real talk, if you want to have a beer on friday night, go for it. it really is not a big deal. I would say for your first drill dont do it, just because you are more than likely going to get absolutely destroyed worse than you ever have before, so you need to be drinking nothing but water for 2 days before you go... after that first one though, and you know what it is like, go ahead and eat and drink what you want as long as you will be set to get up early and exercise in the morning

Comment

Originally posted by Blessed1 View Post
                    Hey guys got a simple question for you. When I check in to my first drill will I be breathalized (prob killed spelling)...? Just asking so I know I dont have a few drinks the night before. The reason I ask is because this is how MEPS worked, were my recuiter told me not to have any alcohol/caffine 24hrs prior to MEPS because they will breathalize.

No Im not gonna get trashed, just when I go out to dinner I like to have 1-2 big frosty brewski's .

Appreciate the info.
                    That's funny.

Did you answer "NO" at MEPS when they asked if you've ever, ever, EVER had at least ONE drink of alcohol?

If I were you I'd just leave alcohol alone. Hell, drop the sodas too. Wait at least until you've graduated basic, then drink yourself blind.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Loki View Post
                      Fixed

I looked at her, and she had "that" look my Mother gives me. I replied "You're right Drill Sergeant, I think three will be enough."
                      "PRIVATE..."
                      "ROGER DRILL SERGEANT! One Drill Sergeant... two Drill Sergeant... three Drill Sergeant... four Drill Sergeant..."

"ON YOUR BACK!!!! ON YOUR BACK!!!!!"

"HURRRY UP!!!!"

"THE FLUTTER KICK!!! IN CADENCE!!! EXERCISE!!!!"

"ON YOUR FEET!!! TOO SLOW!!! FRONT LEAN REST POSITION....MOVE!!!!"

Comment

Write down your question somewhere that you will look back at it in like two years. I promise you will get a chuckle out of it. Dont overdue it is my only suggestion. You are an adult. Do what you know is right.

Six years ago at MEPS we were told that Code Red Moutain Dew would register on a breathilizer. I drink MD straight up so didnt worry, I dont drink the other flavors of MD.

I was a pack a day smoker for about 15 years before going to BCT and also a heavy soda drinker. I havent ever been too much of an alcohol drinker although I very occasionally have my moments. No soda was just as hard if not harder than not smoking during BCT. I did it all cold turkey. You adjust. You are kept pretty busy and dont have much time to think about it. Weining might be a good idea but it can be done either way. Work out on your own though if you do have down time and get cravings. I've read alot about this but dont remember exact numbers. The craving only stays in your brain for so many seconds, if you replace those thoughts with something else instead of dwelling on them it does work. It is scientifically proven. Of course it comes back, but just replace those thoughts again with working out. I'm proof it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris36 View Post
                          Haven't you people ever heard of W-A-T-E-R
                          Like Chris says......DRINK WATER!!

Comment

Working...
                          X