Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st RSP Drill. Alcohol?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 1st RSP Drill. Alcohol?

    Hey guys got a simple question for you. When I check in to my first drill will I be breathalized (prob killed spelling)...? Just asking so I know I dont have a few drinks the night before. The reason I ask is because this is how MEPS worked, were my recuiter told me not to have any alcohol/caffine 24hrs prior to MEPS because they will breathalize.

    No Im not gonna get trashed, just when I go out to dinner I like to have 1-2 big frosty brewski's .

    Appreciate the info.

  • #2
    Re: 1st RSP Drill. Alcohol?

    Even if they do not administer a breathalyzer, alcohol will dehydrate you so you will not be your best for PT.

    Exhibit a little self-control and save the "frosty brewskis" for when you return home.

    So tell your buds you volunteer to be designated driver.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: 1st RSP Drill. Alcohol?

      yeah man, on your first RSP you definitely want to be squared away. Do you want to be the one who falls out on the PT Run puking? Not a great impression if you ask me. My first RSP is next weekend, so I'm making sure I show up and give 100%.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: 1st RSP Drill. Alcohol?

        Originally posted by Blessed1 View Post
        Hey guys got a simple question for you. When I check in to my first drill will I be breathalized (prob killed spelling)...? Just asking so I know I dont have a few drinks the night before. The reason I ask is because this is how MEPS worked, were my recuiter told me not to have any alcohol/caffine 24hrs prior to MEPS because they will breathalize.

        No Im not gonna get trashed, just when I go out to dinner I like to have 1-2 big frosty brewski's .

        Appreciate the info.
        Seriously??? You can't go one friday night with out having a few drinks?

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: 1st RSP Drill. Alcohol?

          Cut off alcohol consumption no less than 8 hours before duty is at least the rule of thumb, if not the actual regulation. But as previously stated, I would skip alcohol entirely prior to your first RSP.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: 1st RSP Drill. Alcohol?

            haha kids and their beer these days. a day and a half away and they need a going away ceremony

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: 1st RSP Drill. Alcohol?

              We had a guy show up to RSP drunk once, it was quite funny, especially how he was sent home and never came back.

              Not that I drink or anything since I am under 21 and that would be illegal, but I find that when you do PT hungover your muscles tend to tense up more.

              WAIT. So if you drink a bunch of energy drinks before you go to meps, when they BAC you, will it come up over .0?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: 1st RSP Drill. Alcohol?

                Originally posted by dva5222 View Post
                WAIT. So if you drink a bunch of energy drinks before you go to meps, when they BAC you, will it come up over .0?
                Energy drinks don't contain alcohol...unless you're drinking four loko!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: 1st RSP Drill. Alcohol?

                  Four Loko's have alcohol????

                  Just was wondering because OP said that you shouldn't drink/ guzzle caffeine before the physical because they BAC you.

                  Word on energy drinks, if you drink them as much as I do (4-6 per day), it is better to cut back NOT cut them out before MEPS. Withdrawl on caffeine tends to cause hypertension and tachycardia not to mention a nasty headache. You tend to become dependent on them, so although your body at first reacts to caffeine like a stimulant (thus causing hypertension and tachycardia) after a while your body levels out (normal blood pressure to mild hypertension and a normal pulse rate).

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: 1st RSP Drill. Alcohol?

                    Haven't you people ever heard of W-A-T-E-R

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: 1st RSP Drill. Alcohol?

                      The fact that you're inquiring about this makes it hard to believe you don't have an issue with alcoholism. Did you answer honestly during your MEPS processing about how much alcohol you consume? Only an addict would struggle with not drinking to go do a drill weekend.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: 1st RSP Drill. Alcohol?

                        I disagree. I doubt OP is struggling with alcohol, he probably just wants to hit a couple parties on a Friday night, and has yet to learn the term "fit for duty", but had enough foresight to ask a forum specifically designed so prospective and new recruits can ask the questions that are on their mind, so he can avoid getting hemmed up before he even ships to basic.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: 1st RSP Drill. Alcohol?

                          Originally posted by dva5222 View Post
                          I disagree. I doubt OP is struggling with alcohol, he probably just wants to hit a couple parties on a Friday night, and has yet to learn the term "fit for duty", but had enough foresight to ask a forum specifically designed so prospective and new recruits can ask the questions that are on their mind, so he can avoid getting hemmed up before he even ships to basic.
                          Yeah...I'd say this is probably the case.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: 1st RSP Drill. Alcohol?

                            Originally posted by dva5222 View Post
                            I disagree. I doubt OP is struggling with alcohol, he probably just wants to hit a couple parties on a Friday night, and has yet to learn the term "fit for duty", but had enough foresight to ask a forum specifically designed so prospective and new recruits can ask the questions that are on their mind, so he can avoid getting hemmed up before he even ships to basic.
                            OP is talking about a couple of beers with dinner not binge drinking or partying or bar hoping.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: 1st RSP Drill. Alcohol?

                              Originally posted by Blessed1 View Post
                              Hey guys got a simple question for you. When I check in to my first drill will I be breathalized (prob killed spelling)...? Just asking so I know I dont have a few drinks the night before. The reason I ask is because this is how MEPS worked, were my recuiter told me not to have any alcohol/caffine 24hrs prior to MEPS because they will breathalize.
                              No Im not gonna get trashed, just when I go out to dinner I like to have 1-2 big frosty brewski's .
                              Appreciate the info.
                              If you have a couple of beers with dinner at 1800-2000, then report to drill at 0700 the next morning, there will be no alcohol left on your breath or in your bloodstream.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X