Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Drill or Ship Out? Your thoughts?

Originally posted by RyCass View Post
    Well, I can't let this slide. It ISN'T called "Boot Camp" unless you're in the Marine Corps. Just so you know...
    Don't hate, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Major General Discharge View Post
      I never was able to pass my 1-1-1 before I left! The running that is.. I still suck at running, but I never failed a 2-2-2 in basic or AIT. All the smoking you get at the beginning of basic will peel some weight off that will help you to pass that test.
      I didn't think you could ship without passing 1-1-1 or 2-2-2. Surprise to me. I understand though. That 1-1-1 was hell when we got to the run. I could do push ups and sit ups all day, but the run was a killer. I couldn't remember the last time I ran anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by ajdeployed12 View Post
        Don't hate, lol
        LOL No hatin' here! Just helping the new guys out before they make themselves look a fool in front of the Drill Sergeants.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLRecruit View Post
          I didn't think you could ship without passing 1-1-1 or 2-2-2. Surprise to me. I understand though. That 1-1-1 was hell when we got to the run. I could do push ups and sit ups all day, but the run was a killer. I couldn't remember the last time I ran anywhere.
          I didn't either. I was really concerned about it until the last drill when I went up to a sergeant and said I still wasn't going to pass the run, and was told it didn't matter.

Comment

Go ahead and ship out! The Drill SGT will fill you in when you get there.

Comment

Originally posted by EdWelch View Post
              At first, I was in a hurry to swear in, because I wanted to learn all I could at RSP. My goal was to be at RSP as long as possible. My motive was simple...the more I could memorize and learn mentally would help me focus on everything I needed to do physically at basic. I knew they had a bunch of information that had to be memorized @ basic so in my mind, RSP was my head start (and the extra check wouldn't hurt either). For the record, I've had 1 RSP drill and I ship August 20th (to Fort Jackson). Well, I did so much research (asking questions here, googling military information there, etc) that when I got to RSP I was giving the other recruits information that they didn't know about. Was the drill helpful? Yes, but I'm glad I only had one to go to. They were really laid back at RSP...too laid back. I ran faster than all but 4 other people (& one was freshly back from basic training), and a lot the recruits were lazy (I feel for the recruit that thinks BCT is all bark & no bite because of their experience at RSP). You sound like me. Someone who is taking this serious and is already utilizing self-discipline to get ready. Obviously, I can't tell you about BCT, but RSP was so laid back it couldn't possibly help me prepare anymore. It does help to get all of your paperwork finalized, though and have an admin give you all the tips you need before shipping. Looking back, as far as physical preparation for basic...RSP didn't help. But hey, maybe things will be different in your state.
              Why did I know after reading this you were an O9S. Must have been my experience with them in Basic and AIT..

Comment

Working...
              X