X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apft

What is considered a high score on the APFT?

Re: Apft

IMO an overall 270 or 90 in each event.

Comment

181...it does exceed the standard afterall

Comment

Originally posted by Bcutberth View Post
        What is considered a high score on the APFT?
        A perfect score: 300.

I would recommend checking out the fitness section here on the forum to get some information on how the APFT works and is scored. Here's another good resource as well: http://bit.ly/L1Jfga

Comment

Originally posted by HR NCO View Post
          181...it does exceed the standard afterall
          My old PBO (CW4, 40 years in) stated that anything over 180 is waste and abuse of Government time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Loki View Post
            My old PBO (CW4, 40 years in) stated that anything over 180 is waste and abuse of Government time.
            LOL!

I concur with 90 in each category as being considered a high score. 300 is the max with no more extended scale, so really any effort over 100 in any event is a waste of energy. I like numbers that end with a 5 or 0, so I'll go over the max just enough to see those numbers and then stop.

Comment

300 is the highest you can get, but yes 90 in each event would still be crushing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Loki View Post
                He is right. At being a warrant (and my warrant buddy just won the base 10k) is not about the score. OERs just require Pass on it. Now these young kids needing promotion points and competing for schools need to get the highest scores possible. My days of 260 and higher are behind me.

Comment

Working...
                X