X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruiter Not returning my calls

Im a prior service army guy here. PFC. I have been trying to get back in the military for a long while now. I have had issues with 2 recruiters so far.
    I live in Panama city beach fl and Im 26 years old. and now Im using a recruiter in Jacksonville fl . Everything seemed fine but when I try to get a update he never answers my calls or returns my messages. I am against blowing someones phone up (trust me I hate that more than anything) but I try to call him twice a week and nothing. The last thing that he told me to do was get a updated physical and doctor recommendations. I did that and spent more than $700 doing everything.

I faxed him the paperwork. I tried to call him to see if he has received my paper work and I cant get a answer for two weeks. In the beginning I tried to trust him with sending a signed document to get my records. I waited a month and thought all was good but when I called st Louis to see were we stand they said we are still waiting for your document so i sent it myself. So a month down the drain. I called him and he said "I sent it I promise" so that's why I try to get updates now.

I dont know what to do. Should I say to hell with it and start over with someone else or continue to wait on this guy?

Re: Recruiter Not returning my calls

Justin,

I'm sorry that you've had such a difficult time so far. I'm wondering what piece of information we might be missing. I feel like there's something else to this puzzle we need to know. Are you being processed for a medical waiver? Prior Service Army PFC? Why did you get out? How is it that you only made it to PFC? What was your RE Code/Type of Discharge?

To be honest, I have a suspicion that your re-enlistment process is not, as they say in the recruiting world, a "Slam Dunk". Can you elaborate on your specific issue? I am inclined to believe you have a pre exsisting issue that is difficult to deal with, which may explain why a RRNCO isn't giving you a great deal of customer service.

Comment

It actually might be helpful to get a second opinion. Mongoose makes a good point, though; your post leaves us to wonder what else is going on with your packet. Perhaps there's more to your medical waiver than you realize. Keep in mind, waivers have no time frame, so it could take months for something to be approved.
      Last edited by RyCass; July 25th, 2012, 05:34 PM. Reason: Correction on waiver time frame

Comment

Thank you for taking the time to respond guys. Well yes I have a pre existing condition but its been fixed. I have a re code 3. All recruiters stated it will be a simple process and should take no time. I have 3 years of doctors notes aproveing me for really enlistment.

Comment

Great! Then it sounds like your goal should be to ensure your waiver is submitted and then wait for a response. Hopefully everything turns out! Good luck!
          Last edited by RyCass; July 25th, 2012, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Well I'm not sure if he submitted it. I can't reach him and its been a while now. I'm basicly asking if I change recruiters will it hurt my process?

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Dinkins View Post
              Well I'm not sure if he submitted it. I can't reach him and its been a while now. I'm basicly asking if I change recruiters will it hurt my process?
              If a recruiter is already working you, all of your information is in his system, he would have to transfer you to another recruiter.

Originally posted by Justin Dinkins View Post
              Thank you for taking the time to respond guys. Well yes I have a pre existing condition but its been fixed. I have a re code 3. All recruiters stated it will be a simple process and should take no time. I have 3 years of doctors notes aproveing me for really enlistment.
              If you have a RE3 that is the problem, when did these recruiters tell you it would be a simple process???

Comment

My suspicion was correct. It really does depend what the RE-3 was for. For example, a soldier who is discharged for not meeting the height/weight standards is coded an RE-3. Getting someone in that situation re-assessed is "pretty simple", providing that they meet the standard now. Other issues may not be so black and white. Again, my guess is, if the Recruiter is giving you substandard "attention", it's because you are not a simple re-enlistment.

Comment

Sucks your recruiter is not returning your calls. It is summer though and maybe he is on leave. I am prior service too and over 40 and my recruiter got me in. I guess I was very lucky and had a great recruiter.

Comment

You are needing a GEMR waiver. This is basically a NGB waiver to clear up your medically condition that got you discharged the first time. Sometimes this can takes months or years depending on how serious the injury or disease was.

Comment

Working...
                    X