X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st RSP & facial hair

Do I have to shave ALL of my facial hair for RSP? I keep my facial hair trimmed, but I have sideburns that connect to a small (close & neat) beard...and a goatee. Does all of this have to go before this weekend? (I'm in MS if that matters) ~I ship to Fort Jackson on August 20th!!!

Re: 1st RSP & facial hair

Originally posted by EdWelch View Post
    Do I have to shave ALL of my facial hair for RSP? I keep my facial hair trimmed, but I have sideburns that connect to a small (close & neat) beard...and a goatee. Does all of this have to go before this weekend? (I'm in MS if that matters) ~I ship to Fort Jackson on August 20th!!!
    If you're in MS, then AR 670-1 does not apply to you. You can present yourself however you see fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
      If you're in MS, then AR 670-1 does not apply to you. You can present yourself however you see fit.
      I see a blue falcon.

Comment

This is one of those "if you have to ask..." questions.

Comment

You guys are such meaners.

Comment

Does that apply to females too?

Comment

Just in case the OP cant figure it out from the clear answers given. Yes, SHAVE IT ALL, we don't care how neat you keep it.

Comment

Originally posted by HR NCO View Post
                Just in case the OP cant figure it out from the clear answers given. Yes, SHAVE IT ALL, we don't care how neat you keep it.
                Thus begins the spoon-feeding!

Comment

Originally posted by jwarren View Post
                  Thus begins the spoon-feeding!
                  now now...even though to all of us it was a stupid question and we all know what the 670-1 is. If you have never been to any drills yet, you can't be expected to know the standard. Thus the purpose of the RSP, to start the transition from civilian to Soldier.

Comment

Originally posted by HR NCO View Post
                    now now...even though to all of us it was a stupid question and we all know what the 670-1 is. If you have never been to any drills yet, you can't be expected to know the standard. Thus the purpose of the RSP, to start the transition from civilian to Soldier.
                    I suppose I just get frustrated when people completely lack initiative. How long does it take to Google "Army facial hair regulation?" Too long, I guess (ironically, he would have gotten the answer he sought much sooner than waiting for one of us to respond!).

Comment

Originally posted by jwarren View Post
                      I suppose I just get frustrated when people completely lack initiative. How long does it take to Google "Army facial hair regulation?" Too long, I guess (ironically, he would have gotten the answer he sought much sooner than waiting for one of us to respond!).
                      It sounds like he knows the reg, but was hoping for a special exception to policy if it was super neatly trimmed.

Comment

Sorry for the dumb question. Thank you for the straight answers. I'm not looking to squeak by on any standards...I'm just mature enough to at least admit when I'm ignorant of something...in this case, the standards. In other research (and conversations), I've seen/heard mixed reviews. Someone I know personally who went to RSP in MS last summer told me it wasn't a big deal for my 1st RSP (I wasn't sure if it was a bct thing or an all the time thing). I even had one person tell me that I may not have to shave my mustache at all...even for basic training (& he's a CSM in the Nat'l Guard right now). So yeah, I admit. I'm a little confused. But don't confuse me with a baby that needs to be spoon fed. I can only follow orders that have been given.

“If words of command are not clear and distinct, if orders are not thoroughly understood, then the general is to blame. But, if orders are clear and the soldiers nevertheless disobey, then it is the fault of their officers.”
                        ― Sun Tzu

Comment

he's a CSM in the Nat'l Guard right now
                          Sadly...the higher ranks are probably the most out of touch people with what happens at training. Things were different when he went through 20+ years ago.

Comment

You will need to shave it all off for RSP and BCT. In AIT you can grow a mustache in accordance with AR 670-1 IF your command allows it. Some do, some don't Though in AIT, most people with mustaches are the kids and end up looking like perverts out on the prowl.

Comment

Originally posted by jaydez View Post
                              You will need to shave it all off for RSP and BCT. In AIT you can grow a mustache in accordance with AR 670-1 IF your command allows it. Some do, some don't Though in AIT, most people with mustaches are the kids and end up looking like perverts out on the prowl.
                              LOL!!! Thanks for the info. I'm going in as an 09S, so AIT is not an issue for me. I'll treat OCS like BCT unless told otherwise. I notice that you are a 68W. My daughter has been mulling over a decision to switch over to that MOS (she's an 88M right now). Do you like your job & what is it like?

Comment

Working...
                              X