Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can i Take Stripes For Skills In Blue Phase ?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i Take Stripes For Skills In Blue Phase ?

this weekend is my last White phase drill and i dont feel that i have prepared enough physically and mentally to take the stripes for skills but i really dont want to go to bct as an E-1 Specially since im going to be gone for so long i dont want to miss out on a couple of G'S. like the question states can i take the stripes for skills test in blue phase next month as its like a week before i depart for bct and im going to be ripped by then or am i going to have to go HAM on my body these next 4 days to prepare for it ?

EDIT : i was reading this : http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...Basic-Training
    And it says early advancement to E3 one of the options is "Completed at least 18 months of post-secondary vocational-technical training and received an official transcript/certificate" I have Both a Cisco CCNA1 and Cisco CCNA2 Certificates which took me about 3 highschool years to get , will this be enough to advance me to E3 ???
    Last edited by Blandino; July 18th, 2012, 05:39 PM.

Re: Can i Take Stripes For Skills In Blue Phase ?

this weekend is my last White phase drill and i dont feel that i have prepared enough physically and mentally to take the stripes for skills but i really dont want to go to bct as an E-1 Specially since im going to be gone for so long i dont want to miss out on a couple of G'S. like the question states can i take the stripes for skills test in blue phase next month as its like a week before i depart for bct and im going to be ripped by then or am i going to have to go HAM on my body these next 4 days to prepare for it ?
    This is a question best asked of your RSP cadre.

will this be enough to advance me to E3 ???
    Your recruiter will be able to help you determine if these courses will qualify.

Comment

Emailed my rsp cadre with these questions , still awaiting for an email back thanks though my good sir

Comment

I promoted a young female soldier last week who literally was in the RSP for one drill weekend prior to shipping to BCT. She managed to pass her stripes to skills testing and get her E2, literally about 3 weeks after she enlisted and about 24 hours before she shipped. So, it CAN be done.

Comment

Originally posted by Blandino View Post
          Emailed my rsp cadre with these questions , still awaiting for an email back thanks though my good sir
          Great! That's likely all it will take to get the test rolling is taking the initiative to ask. Good luck!

Comment

Taking the SFS test should not be a problem. However, your certifications will not get you promoted to E3. You could always get someone to join, thats the quickest way to get promoted.

Comment

Working...
            X