Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promotion Question

Hi everyone,

Question on promotions. I passed Stripes for Skills and my promotion was processed maybe 10 days ago. How long does that take to show in AKO and take effect as an E-2. I know it's jus mosquito wings, but I'm proud that I did something to earn them

Thanks

McCune, Jonathan

Re: Promotion Question

it could be up to 30 days before it shows in AKO.

Comment

Your next LES should reflect the promotion as well. In fact, you'll likely see it there before you will on AKO.

Congratulations!

Comment

When you say your promotion was processed... do you know that the form (4187) had all the correct signatures and it was posted already, or you were just told its being done? It depends how your state is run, but sometimes paperwork doesnt stop at the unit level and it is sent up higher to complete the transaction. You are told it is finished when in fact it still has levels to complete. If the transaction was completed, your records already show you as being promoted if the effective date has passed. I dont remember offhand what program AKO gets the info from or if it doesnt get its info updated from another program. It is possible to have the promotion transaction complete and it not being reflected in AKO if it doesnt get the info from SIDPERS. Whatever the 4187 shows as your effective date for promotion, will be the date you are considered promoted, even if you dont see it anywhere for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmccune View Post
          Hi everyone,

Question on promotions. I passed Stripes for Skills and my promotion was processed maybe 10 days ago. How long does that take to show in AKO and take effect as an E-2. I know it's jus mosquito wings, but I'm proud that I did something to earn them

Thanks

McCune, Jonathan
          I know when i got promoted to E2 it took only a week and was up on ako.

Comment

My E-2 promotion was on AKO the day the promotion was processed.

Comment

Working...
            X