X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about LES from first RSP drill

I just got my first RSP paycheck and when I checked my Leave and Earnings Statement it shows that they took out $54 for a debt payment. I wasn't aware that I was in debt?! The only thing I can think of is that it may be where they ordered a uniform for me, but I thought that was free? Any body know what it could be?

Re: Question about LES from first RSP drill

It is for your SGLI (life insurance). It starts being deducted from the day you join. So, if you join on 30 April, but then dont drill until June, you would have a debt payment of 27 for april and may for life insurance that would total $54.

Comment

Originally posted by sv9cannon View Post
      I just got my first RSP paycheck and when I checked my Leave and Earnings Statement it shows that they took out $54 for a debt payment. I wasn't aware that I was in debt?! The only thing I can think of is that it may be where they ordered a uniform for me, but I thought that was free? Any body know what it could be?
      $27 plus $27 equals $54. Just a guess.

Comment

There is a seperate line item for SGLI in the amount of $27. The debt payment below that is for $54. So does that mean they took out 3 months worth of SGLI, or is the $54 debt payment something else. I enlisted on 20120518 if that helps.

Comment

The 27 is for that current month SGLI, the 54 is for 2 past months of SGLI. I'm guessing you are talking about your LES for June Drill. If your drill was later in the month and your pay date is now falling in July then you will have your debt payment (27 for May, 27 for jun) and then the current SGLI (for July) of 27. When you drill in July they will not take SGLI out again (unless it falls in august and they take that one).

Also, look at the bottom of your LES, it explains what the debt is for down there.

Comment

Thank you. That explains it.

Comment

Working...
            X