X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiver based question. Green Phase

I am currently in the RSP and have been for since last august after i came back from basic training. I am pretty sure this is an extremely rare and unfortunate case, but i need an opinion. Well anyways i was suppose to ship to Ft. Benning for AIT 19D , but 2 days before I go I receive a call from my recruiter saying I am not shipping because my physical expired. My first thought was "why are you telling me this now instead of months ago?". So as of that moment I wasn't shipping until i went to meps and got another physical. So the day I was suppose to ship I was at meps getting my physical done. Recently I had went to a concert which affected my hearing in my left ear which in effect made me fail the hearing test. The docter sent a request for a waiver since the hearing score was H-3. Now I am waiting for my waiver to get through NGB and the DoD.

Basically I understand all I can do is wait for this waiver but, what are my chances in this situation?

Re: Waiver based question. Green Phase

I think your chances depend on the doctor reviewing your file. My brother-in-law is prior service and a purple heart recipient, and they would not approve his hearing waiver (tinnitus from Iraq). However, one of my section sergeants received a waiver for gunshot injuries sustained in Afghanistan.

FYI, my brother-in-law tried to reenlist about four months ago.

Each situation is different and unique. Never give up hope!

Comment

Working...
    X