X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisdom teeth need extraction after signing

My wisdom teeth are impacted. They weren't there when I enlisted, but one of them is now bursting out and causing all sorts of problems. I can probably wait until basic, but I was told by a dentist that I should get them out now because it might cause a major infection and loss of bone from my jaw. If I get them taken out before basic, will that be a problem? I'm already contracted, so it's not going to prevent me from contracting (obviously), but I want to make sure it won't cause problems since I haven't yet completed BCT or AIT.

Re: Wisdom teeth need extraction after signing

You should be fine as long as you have PLENTY of time before you are scheduled to ship out to training.

Comment

Originally posted by HR NCO View Post
      You should be fine as long as you have PLENTY of time before you are scheduled to ship out to training.
      I ship out mid-September, so giving myself 1 month to get it done, would 1 1/2 months be long enough? Or do I need to push to get it done ASAFP? (As soon as feasibly possible)

Comment

I would get it done as fast as possible, just in case there happens to be complications.

Comment

Just to add, you may not even be able to ship out if you have major dental problems before you go. I agree with HR NCO. Get it done quickly before you go. Good luck!

Comment

If you don't have insurance, see if your unit can put you in for a voucher and have the military pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
              If you don't have insurance, see if your unit can put you in for a voucher and have the military pay for it.
              Although, if you are enlisted and not yet gone to basic, you may qualify for TRICARE dental. I can't find anything that states otherwise, so you might look into this.

Comment

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
                That will not happen while at the RSP.

Comment

If you have developed painful conditions by wisdom teeth then it is require to remove immediately. It is not always a wise decision to keep your this teeth because some times it can make more damages in the mouth gums. Take more advice by your dentist to take perfect decision.

Comment

Get them out ASAP, problems will worsen if you wait. It's best if you get your wisdom teeth removed and handle your business afterwards. You will be better off with them out than the pain when they are in.

Comment

Working...
                    X