X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to workout?

Ive been doing some working out ounce in a while, but I really watn to workout what I really need to. Could anyone help me with a workout plan? Im a little weak on the push ups and situps. I can run two miles in a 14:40 or less sometimes. Can anybody help?

Re: What to workout?

Google the "100 Push-up plan," as a Kinesiology major I can tell you that it indeed works.

Comment

I love working out and have tried a bunch of different routines. A good place to start if you are new to working out is freetrainers.com. Sign up for a free account and you can put your weight and such, then develop a workout plan that will suit your needs and wishes(such as add mass, loss weight, etc.) Its a really good starting point. I just got a free copy of LL Cool J's Platinum Body book, and I'm pretty impressed with it as well.

Comment

Go to www.dragondoor.com and buy a copy of the book Convict Conditioning by Paul " Coach " Wade

Comment

Try the book "The Ultimate Basic Training Guidebook" by Sgt. Michael Volkin. He has an 8 week plan to help you meet APFT standards, no equipment beyond a stop watch and running shoes needed. Beyond that, if you have access to a gym or weights, I would recommend you do some low weight-high rep lifting on your major muscle groups to improve muscle endurance if you're looking to excel. Plenty on google about the specifics. For the cardio, I like to throw in a good long run on some trails sometimes to break the monotony, but that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bcutberth View Post
            Ive been doing some working out ounce in a while, but I really watn to workout what I really need to. Could anyone help me with a workout plan? Im a little weak on the push ups and situps. I can run two miles in a 14:40 or less sometimes. Can anybody help?
            I know it's been posted on here before, but have you seen the fitness section on the National Guard website? If you're looking for ways to strengthen your PT test, this a good place to start: http://bit.ly/L1Jfga

Comment

Working...
            X