X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do OCS candidates do at RSP

Title is pretty self explanatory, what will Officer Candidates do while at RSP?

Re: What do OCS candidates do at RSP

Same as the other recruits. As an 09S, you still haven't been to basic training yet. Its just as an E-1 is on even ground as an E-4 at RSP.

AFTER BCT, it depends. Some 09S, I have heard, drill with their until until OCS. I am still with my RSP Detachment but my cadre are great and let me help out forming them up, calling cadence, etc. knowing those are things I need to be able to do in FRONT of the formation as opposed to being part of it. It really depends on if your RSP can get training altered for the 09S's, alot won't/can't as all training is approved from above.
    Last edited by Chris36; May 31st, 2012, 06:07 AM.

Comment

you will "push private". it does not matter that you are in fact, not a private, for the sake of RSP, you are a private, and just go along with what they tell you. SPC or PV1, you still have to go through the same BCT, and RSP is geared towards red phase for the most part, so make sure to pay close attention, it is a ton of great info.

Comment

I just got back from my first RSP. On Saturday, the 09S people did do some different things with our Officers/NCOs for one block of the day. That being said, I'm sure each state's RSP is ran differently. I guess our 09S guys are just lucky they are in Nebraska.

Comment

In New York RSP is the same for everyone. After basic, you attend RSP-O which is designed specifically for officer candidates to prep you for OCS. They place heavy emphasis on subjects that soldiers fail most, like land navigation, so you're adequately prepared.

Comment

Working...
          X