X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about my Enlistment

I enlisted a little over a month ago at MEPS , I had 2 misdemeanor at the age of 7 (long story short wrong place , at the wrong time) Trespassing and Vandalism. I put trespassing on my Contract but not vandalism i had no idea that it was charged against me i knew i had trespassing. My recruiter and the guys at the MEPS building ran several different background checks on me and nothing came up so they noted that i said i did get into some trouble and i put down trespassing. So this guy that does the FBI background checks runs my fingerprints and comes back with Trespassing and Vandalism and he says you why didn't you list these and i told him the story and its been about 3 and half weeks since i got that phone call , my recruiter isn't answering my phone calls / text messages. Im 17 about to be 18 in a couple of months and haven't been any kinda trouble since those charges which were about to be 10 years ago. Long story short im 17 and i have no clues what going on right now, im a great kid i don't do any kinda of drugs/alcohol i stay home and play sports ! I really wanna join the guard its been almost a month now and my recruiter and his supervisor have stop fighting to get me wavied. Please someone help me !

Re: Question about my Enlistment

Have you already joined? If the FBI check came back then I am guessing yes. If that is the case, then they may be proccessing you for a fraudulent enlistment discharge and their isnt much the recruiter can do.

Comment

Just out of curiosity did you choose an MOS that required Secret or TS clearance? and did you get fingerprinted at the police station for the incident when it happened?

Comment

First, WHO charges a 1st grader with tresspassing and vandalisim?! You know, FIRST grade? It's the one right after kindergarten. I have a daughter exactly that age right now. I hate to sound skeptical, but honestly I wouldn't have even thought that was possible.

My "gut" instinct is that this isn't a big deal at all. I have sincere respect for many of my superiors, some of whom are the approval authority for these waivers and I'd be throughly dissapointed if this was actioned further, or more importantly...negatively. UNLESS, this isn't the entire story of course.

Comment

Working...
        X