X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TIG and TIS while in RSP

I am a newly promoted PFC, i am currently in RSP, and been in it since February 2012. I ship to OSUT in September. I am curious when does TIS and TIG start for RSP soldiers? I enlisted in January, so does my TIS start the moment i signed at MEPS? Furthermore, does my TIG start when i got promoted to PFC or will it start the moment i'm at OSUT. I got promoted to PFC in May, so i was curious if i would get promoted soon after joining my unit after OSUT, next January since i be in Grade for more then 6 months.

Re: TIG and TIS while in RSP

You need 24 months TIS for E4, don't count on it just out of AIT. Your TIS starts from when you signed your contract.

Comment

most likely, you will get it feb 2014, just be sure to keep on your team leader/squad leader to put the info up the chain, because even though it is automatic, things can still get overlooked. I got mine the month after my 2 year because I kept on it every week until it happened, but i have buddies that still haven't gotten theirs who have been in longer than me, and are going on 3 years just because they are too lazy to ask anyone about it. dont be that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by HR NCO View Post
        You need 24 months TIS for E4, don't count on it just out of AIT. Your TIS starts from when you signed your contract.
        I know that 24 months is pretty typical for E4, but I don't think there's a hard lower limit for the promotion. I got promoted to E4 right before my unit went to the mobilization site in 2004 and I only had 15 months TIS at that point. I came in as a PFC.

Comment

Originally posted by jwarren View Post
          I know that 24 months is pretty typical for E4, but I don't think there's a hard lower limit for the promotion. I got promoted to E4 right before my unit went to the mobilization site in 2004 and I only had 15 months TIS at that point. I came in as a PFC.
          If you'd like, I can find the exact wording in the reg, but from my understanding a commander can waive the TIG when necessary and for outstanding Soldiers. Case in point, the 1LT's promotion at 15 months.

Also, the previous posts are correct. TIS and TIG begins when you enlist.

Comment

Originally posted by jwarren View Post
            Some of the time is waiverable, but that is not something I go into on here, then people start thinking that is the norm and they can ask for it. 24 months is the time for the automatic promotion. If their command wants to waive some of the time, that is up to the command.

Comment

Working...
            X