X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Passed Stripes For Skills!

As stated i the title, i've passed stripes for skills and also got a promotion for stripes for buddies. the question i have is this, is there any way for me to be promoted again during BCT? (im an E-3 just to clarify)

Re: Just Passed Stripes For Skills!

There used to be a way for you to get E-4 for college credits... ot sure if that's still around. Someone chime in and let me know what is currently out there lol

Comment

The only way to achieve E4 before basic is to have a 4 year degree.

Comment

Originally posted by HR NCO View Post
        I knew there was something! HR NCO saving me yet again... just like old time eh?

Comment

Yes Sir...where ya been? Its been a while since you've been active around here.

Comment

Yes Sir...where ya been? Its been a while since you've been active around here.
            I know I know. I'm catching heat rounds from all over about it lol. Got a new position at work, combined with a new XO position, combined with a recent move all contributed to me being out of the loop for a while there. Now that it has all died down and I'm settled back into life, I'm back. I missed you guys, strange as that is lol

Comment

OK, I just noticed you said BEFORE basic....

I was just promoted to E-4 and I only have 90 credits.

Now, in all fairness, my OSM said it is now for 09S's; if they are E-3 and then they complete basic training, upon completion they are promoted to E-4 effection graduation date.
              Last edited by Chris36; May 9th, 2012, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris36 View Post
                OK, I just noticed you said BEFORE basic....

I was just promoted to E-4 and I only have 90 credits.

Now, in all fairness, my OSM said it is now for 09S's; if they are E-3 and then they complete basic training, upon completion they are promoted to E-4 effection graduation date.
                How much TIS do you have? I would think your promotion would have more to do with that instead of just being 09S. I don't know of any regulation that allows you to be promoted to E4 just for being 09S. However, a certain amount of the TIS is waiverable to get E4 so that would make more sense about how the promotion happened. Do you happen to know the promotion authority for your promotion? It would be on your DA 4187 they should have given you along with your promotion. (not trying to sharp shoot you here)

Comment

How much TIS do you have? I would think your promotion would have more to do with that instead of just being 09S. I don't know of any regulation that allows you to be promoted to E4 just for being 09S. However, a certain amount of the TIS is waiverable to get E4 so that would make more sense about how the promotion happened. Do you happen to know the promotion authority for your promotion? It would be on your DA 4187 they should have given you along with your promotion. (not trying to sharp shoot you here)
                  Actually, interesting you say that because I am still WAITING for my readiness NCO to forward me a copy of my 4187. I will try and locate the memo from my OSM to my Readiness NCO. It says that an E-3 09S, upon completion of BCT is automatically promoted to E-4 effective the day of graduation. I was told I am not even authorized to wear my PFC tab, that I must wear my OCS tabs. I thought it was weird too and all the E-3's as the pre-Phase 0 day were too.....especially when we were told that we should have been getting PAID as E-4's since BCT graduation too.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris36 View Post
                    Actually, interesting you say that because I am still WAITING for my readiness NCO to forward me a copy of my 4187. I will try and locate the memo from my OSM to my Readiness NCO. It says that an E-3 09S, upon completion of BCT is automatically promoted to E-4 effective the day of graduation. I was told I am not even authorized to wear my PFC tab, that I must wear my OCS tabs. I thought it was weird too and all the E-3's as the pre-Phase 0 day were too.....especially when we were told that we should have been getting PAID as E-4's since BCT graduation too.
                    Cadets and Candidates are completely different animals than what I think the OP was referring to, though...

For your standard enlistee (Non-09 MOS), you need a 4-year degree to be promoted to Spec-4 before BCT; you can't Stripes-for-skills anything past PFC.

Comment

Working...
                    X