X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WA Guard RSP @ JBLM

Anyone out here in RSP from Washington and drilling at JBLM on the 19th and 20th? I'm hoping I can nab a ride with someone. I live in Kirkland.

Also, I do workouts daily and since we're working towards the same goal maybe we could team up.

Re: WA Guard RSP @ JBLM

Hope you find someone to exercise with! If you're looking for some fitness tips, there's some great information on the NG.com fitness section: www.nationalguard.com/fitness.

Comment

Give your RSP a call, they can most likely link you up with someone you can ride with from your area.

Comment

Thanks for the ideas, guys!

I work out 6 to 7 days a week and found those workouts and the diet on the guard site. I want to drop 10 pounds before basic.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmccune View Post
          Anyone out here in RSP from Washington and drilling at JBLM on the 19th and 20th? I'm hoping I can nab a ride with someone. I live in Kirkland.

Also, I do workouts daily and since we're working towards the same goal maybe we could team up.
          Me, Leonard (I know now who you guys are talking about, and he says "hi" and thanks for the laughs, we went to JC together, he's also the same guy I've been talking about who worked his internship with the Guard), Erickson, and Thompson are heading down to JBLM on the 19th, but we aren't doing RSP, we are meeting friends from the 2nd. I can ask if they'd mind swinging through Kirkland on the way if you'd like? Are you doing the obstacle course? Leonard knows where that is back when he used to do RSP in High School, I have to ask the guys if they'd be game or if we'd have room for a fifth. But we will be in Ft. Lewis area until Monday or Tuesday? So you'd have to figure a ride back if they are game with it.

EDIT: I called up Erickson, he's game, but we got to check with the DD. As far as workouts go, depending on location, best bet is Leonard and Thompson. Those two are fricken masochistic psychopaths as far as working out goes.
          Last edited by FutureEngineer; May 10th, 2012, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FutureEngineer
            Does an SUV with a case of hershey chocolate bars and girl scout cookies (little brothers/sisters fundraisers) in the back count? (being serious, we have them because our friends from the 2nd want them lol!!!)

EDIT: DD has to check if he can cover 5 people, I'll know in a bit after he pulls the policy.
            Man that would be awesome if I could get a ride. I will speak with the RSP NCO to verify where I need to arrive on the 19th.

" As far as workouts go, depending on location, best bet is Leonard and Thompson. Those two are fricken masochistic psychopaths as far as working out goes. "
            Then I'm sure we'd be fast friends!

Comment

Man that would be awesome if I could get a ride. I will speak with the RSP NCO to verify where I need to arrive on the 19th.

" As far as workouts go, depending on location, best bet is Leonard and Thompson. Those two are fricken masochistic psychopaths as far as working out goes. "
              I feel a moral obligation to let you know that the person you are planning to ride with is not a member of the National Guard, and whose stories are generally sketchy.

Comment

Unfortunately I checked with the DD (he finally got back to me earlier this morning) and he doesn't have appropriate insurance coverage for five. Unfortunately we wouldn't be able to take you in legally, because insurance wouldn't be able to cover it. (Making him under insured)

I'm really sorry for the let down.

Comment

Originally posted by FutureEngineer View Post
                  Unfortunately I checked with the DD (he finally got back to me earlier this morning) and he doesn't have appropriate insurance coverage for five. Unfortunately we wouldn't be able to take you in legally, because insurance wouldn't be able to cover it. (Making him under insured)

I'm really sorry for the let down.

I have been a licensed driver for 27 years, but since I missed the 31K post action, can ANYONE tell me of a personal auto insurance that limits the number of passengers the insured operator can carry in a passenger vehicle? More specifically, limiting the number of passengers in a standard 5 passenger sedan to only 4?!

Insurance Agent: "Mr. Engineer, would you be interested in our full coverage with windshield replacement and road side assistance or only a liability policy with the state's minimums?

Mr. Someday Engineer: "I'm really on a budget. Job Corps was free, but community college classes are really expensive...do you have anything cheaper?"

Insurance Agent: "Well, we do have the 'You can only have 4 passengers in your motor vehicle at any one time' policy, if you're interested.

Mr. Someday Engineer: "Wow, if that's cheaper I'm certainly interested. What are the details?

Insurance Agent: "You can only EVER have 4 people in your car. We won't cover you if you get into an accident and you have 5 in the car. Only more expensive policies cover the additional person. A 8 passenger minivan would be WAY over the limit. The limit is STRICTLY enforced ESPECIALLY if you are an internet troll trying to duck out of giving a new RSP kid a ride to drill in order not to be found out!"

Mr. Someday Engineer: "I'll take it!"
                  Last edited by Mongoose772; May 20th, 2012, 02:59 PM.

Comment

i think it only applies to drivers under 18 years of age, and it may only pertain to certain states. i think the "logic" behind it is fewer distractions for new and immature drivers

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose772 View Post
                      I have been a licensed driver for 27 years, but since I missed the 31K post action, can ANYONE tell me of a personal auto insurance that limits the number of passengers the insured operator can carry in a passenger vehicle? More specifically, limiting the number of passengers in a standard 5 passenger sedan to only 4?!

Insurance Agent: "Mr. Engineer, would you be interested in our full coverage with windshield replacement and road side assistance or only a liability policy with the state's minimums?

Mr. Someday Engineer: "I'm really on a budget. Job Corps was free, but community college classes are really expensive...do you have anything cheaper?"

Insurance Agent: "Well, we do have the 'You can only have 4 passengers in your motor vehicle at any one time' policy, if you're interested.

Mr. Someday Engineer: "Wow, if that's cheaper I'm certainly interested. What are the details?

Insurance Agent: "You can only EVER have 4 people in your car. We won't cover you if you get into an accident and you have 5 in the car. Only more expensive policies cover the additional person. A 8 passenger minivan would be WAY over the limit. The limit is STRICTLY enforced ESPECIALLY if you are an internet troll trying to duck out of giving a new RSP kid a ride to drill in order not to be found out!"

Mongoose - thanks for the laugh after a long week! I about spilled my drink reading that one!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose772 View Post

Perhaps you are familiar with liability rates if someone is injured in your vehicle with the cost of medical to cover people in your vehicle. Or perhaps you don't comprehend how much medical expenses have increased, and the average estimated cost per person that rides in your vehicle your insurance has to cover if that person gets injured when you are the driver? For an Officer, you really must not comprehend liability.

Average Car Wreck, is $9,000. Without life flight, excluding continuing medical care after accident.
                        DD only has $50,000 for insurance to cover medical. PT costs $250 per visit average. Chiropractor costs $350 per visit average. For a fifth person, if we were to have wrecked on our way down here, we would not have been able to cover medical expenses. But perhaps you don't comprehend what any of that means, which as an Officer, I could only hope to God you know what that means.
                        Last edited by FutureEngineer; May 21st, 2012, 01:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FutureEngineer View Post
                          Perhaps you are familiar with liability rates if someone is injured in your vehicle with the cost of medical to cover people in your vehicle. Or perhaps you don't comprehend how much medical expenses have increased, and the average estimated cost per person that rides in your vehicle your insurance has to cover if that person gets injured when you are the driver? For an Officer, you really must not comprehend liability.

Average Car Wreck, is $9,000. Without life flight, excluding continuing medical care after accident.
                          DD only has $50,000 for insurance to cover medical. PT costs $250 per visit average. Chiropractor costs $350 per visit average. For a fifth person, if we were to have wrecked on our way down here, we would not have been able to cover medical expenses. But perhaps you don't comprehend what any of that means, which as an Officer, I could only hope to God you know what that means.
                          I'd like to see a page from that policy limiting the amount of passenger to 4. Until I see that, once again you spout off at the mouth with ridiculous statments.

Comment

Wow, I miss this whole thread and Mongoose should be a sitcom writer!!

Does DD mean designated driver as when you go out to drink or someone's initials? Why would you need a designated driver to go work out? I guess FE does not have a POV. Also, just swap our "Mr. Leonard" with the OP so he can get it on the fun. Be a real friend.

Comment

Perhaps I am familiar with bodily injury and liability rates. Perhaps, I know that lovely Washington State (I will be at Fort Lewis in another month or for a few days as an accessions subject matter expert to MS3s in case you want to get together and discuss your career plans or auto insurance) has 25/50/10 liability minimums. And perhaps after 23 years of being a career public safety officer, my military background notwithstanding, I perhaps would understand the very real possibility that a SINGLE occupant could easily exceed a minimum liability policy limits. That's the risk drivers take if they choose not to up their coverage limits. It has NOTHING to do whatsoever with the number of passengers allowed in the motor vehicle. The risk of being under-insured is just as great with a SINGLE occupant versus 4 or 5 or 6. Perhaps my brothers in arms here will agree that your initial, name dropping, over the top reply to the OPs request for a ride was as disingenuous as you are. You used an ad hominmem attack on my ability to understand risk management and personal liability, but still never answered the question regarding an insurance policy that has an occupancy limit. You don't answer directly, because there IS no real answer. I'm sure many of us deal with similar evasive tactics from our own children. I know I do from time to time. What it makes you is a bull **** artist. Not that we all didn't already know that. We did. You’re really only fooling yourself. Well, maybe yourself and the poor RSP private…which is ultimately why I take my valuable time to respond.
                              Last edited by Mongoose772; May 21st, 2012, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X