X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how long can you be in RSP for?

I'm a fulltime college student thats interested in enlisting. I'd like to be a 68 whiskey because I want to work in healthcare. I'm fine with missing a semester for basic and AIT but I really dont want to miss two. I feel like it's too late to ship out and come back before the spring semester. If I were to get a ship date that starts after the fall semester could I RSP the entire time in between? And would I be eligible for FTA or would I have to be IET first? Thank you for your time.

Re: how long can you be in RSP for?

Usually you have to ship within 180 days of enlistment. You can get that waived sometimes.

Comment

There are two guys in my RSP who have been in it for 18 months.

Comment

You can only be in RSP for 24 months. past that, and they will discharge you. You can still get FTA, and you can get State Ta after you finish BCT. However, good luck on trying to switch MOS and get a better ship date out of it. Here in VA, getting your MOS switched is just about as likely as going straight from IET to canceling your guard contract to go active.. (its not gonna happen)

Comment

Talk to your recruiter about a "split-op" option. You will go to BCT one summer and return home for phase 2 of RSP for the fall and spring semesters than go to AIT the following summer. It was a program designed for 17 year olf college students but can be applied to almost anyone. You just need to make sure you keep up on your PT and dont lose your military bearing between BCT and AIT.

AIT for a 68W is 16 weeks not counting reception... which you could be in for quite a while. Some of the people in my AIT platoon at Ft. Sam were in reception for 28 days because they got to reception 2 hours too late due to a delayed flight.

Comment

Working...
          X