Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counseling for not bringing in new leads?

My recruiter has threatened that if I fail to provide him with contact information for one new prospective soldier each week, I will receive a counseling from both him and the CSM. Can they do that?

Re: Counseling for not bringing in new leads?

I have never heard of such a thing. What is your position there? Are you a new recruit in RSP? Or are you a graduated soldier working as a recruiting assistant?

Comment

Originally posted by gentlemanjoe View Post
      My recruiter has threatened that if I fail to provide him with contact information for one new prospective soldier each week, I will receive a counseling from both him and the CSM. Can they do that?
      If you are a new recruit, your response should be just as ridiculous as his request.

Comment

Something can be both legal and a bad idea at the same time. What sort of quality of leads will we get from coercion? As a former recruiter, I hate this sort of ham-fisted approach.

I recommend that you don't fight the problem. Go through your yearbook and pass along the names of everyone that annoyed you in high school.

Comment

No he can't make you do that; and if the CSM knew about it your recruiter would likely catch snit for telling you that.

If he wants prospective recruits I would give him the people that might be interested in joining.
          Beyond that I would politely refuse to be taken advantage of.

Comment

Originally posted by matthew.ritchie View Post
            Something can be both legal and a bad idea at the same time. What sort of quality of leads will we get from coercion? As a former recruiter, I hate this sort of ham-fisted approach.

I recommend that you don't fight the problem. Go through your yearbook and pass along the names of everyone that annoyed you in high school.
            +1

if only g - rap was still around.. I could have made a killing using that method

Comment

Your recruiter is an idiot, and your counselings will not add up to anything. Allow him to keep wasting paper....and his time.

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
                Your recruiter is an idiot, and your counselings will not add up to anything. Allow him to keep wasting paper....and his time.
                My recruiter did that as well (still does to knew kids); I never paid any attention to it.

I tried when ****** was around, but technically he wears the recruiting badge, not me. If someone seems interested I will be the NG's strongest advocate, but I'm not going to harass my neighbors and their kids because he is having trouble making his numbers.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Comment

Thanks for all the responses. I had a feeling that this wasn't exactly normal, but I just wanted to make sure. I have no problem projecting the guard in a positive light. I'm having a blast with it. I'm really looking forward to shipping to Basic next month.

I send him info for the few people who seem interesting, but I hate harassing people about things like this. Also, I'm a little older than the average recruit (31) and I don't have a ton of interaction with probable candidates.

Thanks again, everyone.

Comment

I've never heard same as this.. Maybe its a spam..You try to figure it out.

http://doyouhaveavodkapreference.com
                    Last edited by carles1988; September 4th, 2012, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Sounds like a lot of BS to me.

Comment

If you are going to keep revivng old threads, please contribute something useful it. I am not a fan of these obvious attempts to increase one's post count.

Comment

At RSP drill this past weekend, our 1SG handed out an APPLE form requesting everyone to put someone's name down who might be interested in joining. Is this standard? He didn't really elude to any punishment for not doing it, but he strongly urged us to "help out".

I'd love to recommend the ARNG to someone who's interested, but I don't want to force it on anyone or put someone's name down and it come back to me. I'm older and most of my friends are too old to join anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by sv9cannon View Post
                            At RSP drill this past weekend, our 1SG handed out an APPLE form requesting everyone to put someone's name down who might be interested in joining. Is this standard? He didn't really elude to any punishment for not doing it, but he strongly urged us to "help out".

I'd love to recommend the ARNG to someone who's interested, but I don't want to force it on anyone or put someone's name down and it come back to me. I'm older and most of my friends are too old to join anyway.
                            There is no punishment you are subject to for not bringing in leads.

Comment

Working...
                            X